Chris Burke? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chris Burke?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:39 pm

[quote="stumpak"]If you think Womack has a good chance of hitting .300 you are insane.[/quote]

Yeah, I reallly do. Maybe you are the insane one. He did hit[b] .307 last year[/b] and if he leads off I say without a doubt he hits .300+. Plus, that guy named Jeter does not like batting leadoff, he is much more productive in the 2 spot. Although, that is also where Arod feels the most comfortable, so I don't know. But if Womack leads off and plays he outpoduces Burke. No question!
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby xeifrank » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:39 pm

Chris Burke is flying under the radar in public yahoo drafts. I've done three live drafts and actually drafted him in two of the drafts around round 18 both times. He only qualifies at Util at the moment but after he meets Yahoo's minimum games played requirement at 2B I plan to put him in my starting lineup. That is of course if everything goes as planned in spring training and he becomes the starter. If he hits at the top of the lineup then I've got myself quite a steal.

vr

Xeifrank
Author of: 2013 Mock Draft Software
Author of: Dodger Sims
Author of: The Sober Angels
Author of: Xei On Sports
xeifrank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby stumpak » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:13 pm

What is your rationale for saying that Womack hits .300 contingent on getting moved to lead-off? Why would that boost his BA above hitting 9th?

But if you want to believe that a 36 year old career .274 hitter is suddenly a lock to hit .300, go ahead. You should pick Burnitz and Castilla while you are at it.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:06 pm

Lets see, the 35 year old Womack batted 1st for SL and batted .307 last year, with Pujols, Rolen, Edmonds as protection. In NY he has Jeter, Arod, Shef, well pretty much the whole lineup protecting him and forcing pitchers to give him pitches to hit, my rational is that I feel his production will mirror that of his production in SL. Of course this is only if he bats 1st and plays everyday.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 134)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers