Opinions on two sleepers needed please - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Opinions on two sleepers needed please

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Opinions on two sleepers needed please

Postby uanap » Wed Apr 03, 2002 1:26 am

What do you guys think of Morgan Ensberg and Steve Cox? I have Nick Johnson on my bench, behind Jason Giambi and Edgar. I dont anticipate playing Nick anytime soon, if at all. But was playing with the idea of dropping him in favor of one of these guys, hoping they might bust out and be valuable later. Of course, the same could be said about Nick too.

Or, I could drop Leskanic who is on my bench. BTW, anyone know how long he is going to be out? If its going to be a while I was thinking about dropping him instead of Nick.
uanap
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

3B

Postby cwebb » Wed Apr 03, 2002 7:46 am

Well, you seem pretty much set at first, so if you need help at third go for Ensberg.

Leskanic will be out longer, but a good closer is worth quite a lot so I suggest you drop Nick Johnson for Ensberg if you really need help at 3B
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby uanap » Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:39 pm

I really dont need the help at third, I have Rolen over there. But I was wondering which player might bust out and become valuable as trade bait.
uanap
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Arlo » Thu Apr 04, 2002 5:11 am

All these guys have lots of potential, but they'll probably encounter some serious growing pains along the way. Of the three, Cox has had the best start, but that doesn't mean much this early.

If you're looking for trade bait, I'd say Ensberg has the best chance to develop into a productive player this year, but watch his playing time closely. He may platoon early on, which will sink his value for a while.

If you're looking to make a trade soon, go with Cox. Later on in the season, both Ensberg and Johnson should pass him in terms of value. One more thing to keep in mind is that a 3b should be easier to deal than a 1b.

Yikes, this is a tough call. Some more opinions on this would be nice, but for what it's worth, I'd take Cox, but keep a close eye on Ensberg. If it looks like he's getting hot and will play every day, go get him.

(Unless this is a keeper league, in which case Johnson is your man).
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers