100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chacon to the Yanks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:55 pm

blankman wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
blankman wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:wow. al leiter, hideo nomo, shaun chacon and maybe even randy winn! awsome job yanks brass! :-t

What else are they going to do? They don't want to trade away the future and who in their right mind could imagine a team lossing 4 of 6 original starters to the DL?

RJ was hurt
Pavano is hurt
Wang is hurt
Brown is hurt
Wright is hurt
even Sean Henn is hurt

Mussina has been the only guy that's been ok healthwise. Losing 67% of your starting staff for a long time is not something any team plans for.

who in thier right mind could imagine a team giving big money to kevin brown and jaret wright? :-P

I'll give you Wright, but the LA Dodgers gave Brown his contract, not the Yankees.

yea but you guys are and have been eating that contract.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:56 pm

is this joke official or what? cuz im on the verge of strangling someone :-P
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby blankman » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:57 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
blankman wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
blankman wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:wow. al leiter, hideo nomo, shaun chacon and maybe even randy winn! awsome job yanks brass! :-t

What else are they going to do? They don't want to trade away the future and who in their right mind could imagine a team lossing 4 of 6 original starters to the DL?

RJ was hurt
Pavano is hurt
Wang is hurt
Brown is hurt
Wright is hurt
even Sean Henn is hurt

Mussina has been the only guy that's been ok healthwise. Losing 67% of your starting staff for a long time is not something any team plans for.

who in thier right mind could imagine a team giving big money to kevin brown and jaret wright? :-P

I'll give you Wright, but the LA Dodgers gave Brown his contract, not the Yankees.

yea but you guys are and have been eating that contract.

Thanks Sherlock :-b

No one's going to argue with you that Brown is a waste of money.

I don't see what your point is.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby davidmarver » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:58 pm

blankman wrote:
davidmarver wrote:
blankman wrote:

RJ was hurt
Pavano is hurt
Wang is hurt
Brown is hurt
Wright is hurt
even Sean Henn is hurt

Peavy was hurt, Woody was hurt, Eaton is hurt, Redding was/is hurt, May was hurt...it happens to plenty of teams. I agree that they can't trade away the future, but I have a feeling that a lot of Yankees prospects are overrated.

Um, there's a huge difference between the 15 day DL and what has happened to the Yankees. Brown's career may be over; Wang could need rotator cuff surgery putting him out for the year, Wright has been out all season and doesn't figure to be back again for a long time. Pavano has been out far longer than his 15 days. That's 4 guys out, 5 if you count Henn who was the next option all at the same time.

Please don't insult everyone's intelligence by comparing the Pad's starting injuries to the Yankees'.

Eaton has been out for quite awhile. The loss of him to the Padres is much more than the loss of Pavano to the Yankees. Few Yankees fans even wanted Brown around so it's hard to complain about his injury. Wang has missed around 4-5 starts, Woody has missed 5. Both teams' staffs have been in shambles.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:58 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2118888

if he breaks his leg as hes traveling to NY can we void the deal???
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby davidmarver » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:58 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:is this joke official or what? cuz im on the verge of strangling someone :-P

I haven't found anything yet. There still may be hope.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Minor League Skilz » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:00 pm

Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby blankman » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:01 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:is this joke official or what? cuz im on the verge of strangling someone :-P

At this point with the staff the way it is, I don't much care what pitcher they trade for provided they give up nothing.

No one is going to make them better if you're not willing to give up anything good and the Yanks aren't willing to trade the future now, something they should actually be commended for.

Beggars (due to massive injuries) can't be choosers.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:01 pm

[quote="blankman"]
Thanks Sherlock :-b
[quote]

ha, :-) , yea what the hell is my point? i guess i just love seeing the yanks in thier current state.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:03 pm

blankman wrote:

At this point with the staff the way it is, I don't much care what pitcher they trade for provided they give up nothing.

No one is going to make them better if you're not willing to give up anything good and the Yanks aren't willing to trade the future now, something they should actually be commended for.

Beggars (due to massive injuries) can't be choosers.

You might as well start frigin Nomo until the end of the season because hes better than Chacon. you would the think the Yankkes could get somebody better than that piece of garbage. really it isnt hard to find something bette than him. and lets just tack on another 3 million in salary, who gives a damn? just another overpiad piece of trash who will be lucky to have and era under 5. :-t :-P
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers