Eyes on Roto: Nick Tepesch - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Eyes on Roto: Nick Tepesch

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Eyes on Roto: Nick Tepesch

Postby dmojr » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:15 pm

1st inning:

Strikes Morales out with a 92 mph fastball between the belt and the numbers.

One K, sitting around 92 with the fastball, one flyout, one ground out.

2nd inning:

Smoak Double - Smoak jumps on the first pitch (sinker low and away) and hits a grounder down the line into the corner for a double.

Seager Double - Tepesch groves a fastball, middle of the plate, belt high to the wall, scoring Justin Smoak. Mistake pitch.

Tepesch gets a ground out and fly out to get out of the inning.

3rd inning:

Quick inning for Tepesch as well. Fly out, ground out, ground out.

4th inning:

Kendrys Morales ground out - First time I noticed Tepesch's curveball. Threw it over the plate, but had a very nice 12-6 type drop to it, Morales hits on top of the ball.

Raul Ibanez homer - First pitch fastball up and in the middle of the plate, Ibanez drives into right center field seats.

Smoak hit on the foot by a breaking ball.

Jesus Montero single - hits a 3-2 slider thru the right side of the infield. Runners at the corner with 2 outs.

Gets Ackley to ground out to 2B and is out of the inning. This was the first time Tepesch was tested, giving up a homer, hitting a batter and giving up a couple of hits. Limited the damage.

5th inning:

Chavez single - after going 3-2 throws Chavez a fastball middle of the plate that is driven back up the middle.

K's Jason Bay with a big 12-6 curveball.

Morales single - gets ahead 0-2 with a nice change up and slider, tries to get him to swing over the curveball but Morales drills it into right field. Started this curve a little higher than the one he k'd Bay with.

Ibanez K's - another great curve (or maybe it's a slider, not sure what he throws) to K Ibanez.

6th inning:

K's Smoak. Smoak didn't have a chance in that AB, fooled a couple of times and blown away after that.

Seager Double - Slow breaking ball on the inner half driven into right field.

Montero RBI Single - a lucky/bloop hit into right field scores Seager from 2B.

Ackley RBI Single - A high breaking ball to Ackley, who turns it back around up the middle. Scores Montero from 2B

K's Andino and his day is finished.

Tepesch looked good today. He mixed in all of his pitches and got some solid results with his sinking fastball. A could of mistakes were hit hard, but he limited the damage.

FINAL LINE: 5.2 IP, 9 Hits, 4 ER, 0 BB, 5 K
dmojr
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 44)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Eyes on Roto: Nick Tepesch

Postby hot4tx » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:09 pm

I watched him a lot this spring since Derek (Lowe) didn't look to have anything early on. I still don't get the feeling long-term he is anything more than a back-end pitcher in fantasy or reality. I don't think the Rangers feel that way either, choosing to bring guys with seemingly higher potential along more slowly by starting in the pen. That said he could be a decent matchup play. I just don't have enough faith that I'd use him against most opponents or that I'd roster him over other matchup guys that might pitch in the NL.

I hope I'm wrong about him.
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates