Cutch! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Cutch!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cutch!

Postby Quackman » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:28 pm

So is it too early to start calling out all the McCutchen haters on this site or should i wait till next week? Wont steal bases bla bla bla,,,,wont bat over .300 bla bla bla,,,wont hit 30 hr bla bla bla.
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Cutch!

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:30 pm

Quackman wrote:So is it too early to start calling out all the McCutchen haters on this site or should i wait till next week? Wont steal bases bla bla bla,,,,wont bat over .300 bla bla bla,,,wont hit 30 hr bla bla bla.

lol three games and against the cubs at that.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby Quackman » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:36 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
Quackman wrote:So is it too early to start calling out all the McCutchen haters on this site or should i wait till next week? Wont steal bases bla bla bla,,,,wont bat over .300 bla bla bla,,,wont hit 30 hr bla bla bla.

lol three games and against the cubs at that.

Ok so ill wait a few weeks to start calling people out. Got some good quotes all ready to go from you giantsfan. Ill do the same with Ajax and a few others.
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:51 pm

Look, I can do it too.

About Bryce Harper:
Quackman wrote:I dont think he will be an average guy yet. Maybe in a couple more years. .260-.270 tops. Think hes a 20/20 guy though. Just did an auction draft and he went for 30.00. Too pricey for me.

Will only hit .260-.270 blablabla, won't be worth $30 blablabla. Are you ready to admit you're just a hater?

These "I was right, you were wrong" posts are incredibly silly given the unpredictableness of baseball and trying to project it and you look even sillier for posting one three games into the season. Even if McCutchen goes .350-50-50, posts like this are unwarranted. Not even the best projection systems in baseball or even the stat guys employed by major league teams get it right all of the time or even a majority of the time. Enjoy that your favorite player is doing well and move on.
Last edited by GiantsFan14 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby Quackman » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:08 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:Look, I can do it too.

About Bryce Harper:
[quote=Quackman]I dont think he will be an average guy yet. Maybe in a couple more years. .260-.270 tops. Think hes a 20/20 guy though. Just did an auction draft and he went for 30.00. Too pricey for me.

Will only hit .260-.270 blablabla, won't be worth $30 blablabla. Are you ready to admit you're just a hater?

These "I was right, you were wrong" posts are incredibly silly given the unpredictableness of baseball and trying to project it and you look even sillier for posting one three games into the season. Even if McCutchen goes .350-50-50, posts like this are unwarranted. Not even the best projection systems in baseball or even the stat guys employed by major league teams get it right all of the time or even a majority of the time. Enjoy that your favorite player is doing well and move on.[/quote]

Oh thats nothing,,,i got some good ones waiting for you big guy. Not attacking you,,,its all in good fun, you sling a ton of stat driven opinions out there, some very good and some not so much. Personally i think stats only go so far and big stats guys are always playing catchup in terms of recognizing a players talent.
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby zelts3 » Thu May 30, 2013 12:27 pm

I hopped on here to read about prediction thoughts from Cutch, only to be disappointed of a inner feud. Cutch is a year removed from batting .259. I am a huge fan of him and a believer, but I see him closer to a .280-310 guy. The wheels and power are both legit and he is always a 30/30 threat...

I see Bryce Harper very similar with more HR upside, but less on the SBs.
zelts3
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates