Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:52 pm

Hey... so as we start to get ready to work on our 2013 baseball game, I figured I'd at least ask: what is on the top of your wish lists for this season? Are there still features you really wish we (Yahoo!) had that we don't? Bugs that really drive you crazy? Pages you wish were different/better/faster?

While I'm here, I'll note that our team here is growing, and we'll soon be hiring engineers. If any of you out there are programmers and think it might be cool to be a part of this (hint: it is), then drop me a PM.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby ayebatter » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:43 pm

Always good the see that you're available here at the Cafe. ;-D

Oh by the way...............................................................let me be 1st.....

..........When Does Yahoo Open ???
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1364)

Postby Element » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:54 pm

1. Ability to add custom stats. A lot of the basics are there (PA, BB, etc). I know that I asked you a few months ago about BB%. If BB% can't be a standard scoring category then the option to create formulas manually and create custom stats would be a more flexible way to go for those that want the more obscure categories. This is a tool that I use in my CBS league.

2. Deeper player pools & minor league statuses. Beating a dead horse with this one, but it is a pain to have to track your MiLB rosters in another manner rather than have everything right there on the site. Also, if you have a player that is currently in the minors then it would be nice to have the ability to label with with a 'Minor League' status to get them off of your bench (active roster).

Overall I love the improvements that have been made in recent years and I thank you for what you do here.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 761)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:54 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:Hey... so as we start to get ready to work on our 2013 baseball game, I figured I'd at least ask: what is on the top of your wish lists for this season? Are there still features you really wish we (Yahoo!) had that we don't? Bugs that really drive you crazy? Pages you wish were different/better/faster?

While I'm here, I'll note that our team here is growing, and we'll soon be hiring engineers. If any of you out there are programmers and think it might be cool to be a part of this (hint: it is), then drop me a PM.

Customization, customization, customization. I want the ability to control stats (both categories and points) with a LOT of options, editable and customizable H2H matchups, playoff configurations... I'd love to see a 10-day H2H week option. Minor League Roster slots.

A real, threaded, league message board, that operates somewhat similarly to this very one we're on, only to a much smaller degree.

I'd like to click on a player's name and have a small box pop up that shows me what he's done over the last 10 days/starts, including the associated fantasy point output in my points league (ESPN has this and I love it).

Customizable player position eligibility.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby silverZ » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:05 pm

Deeper player pools is the first one that comes to mind.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby Skin Blues » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:22 pm

I agree with a deeper player pool, and being able to click on a player and getting a quick popup of their recent stats.

Another thing I'd like to see is a better system of ranking players, especially for custom leagues. The O-Rank and Rank need to be replaced. They do a poor job even ranking players for standard leagues, and the fact that the same system is used for custom leagues with different stats just makes it worse. It's really not all that hard I don't think. ESPN does this with their player rater and it's very useful; makes things easier for beginners without much fantasy sports acumen, so they don't get slaughtered by Cafe members which discourages them from playing. It's also nice for quick reference when scouring the FA list.

Basically: take the good things ESPN does and make them better.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 134)

Postby J35J » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:59 pm

Hmmm...

I'd like you to take out everything that helps the casual fan! Seriously...I don't like it that I spend hours in the offseason(and during the season) studying up on the coming season and some N00B can sign up a week before the season and get all the information he wants right on the home page and manage to come away with a good draft...then throughout the season there are all these bells and whistles that tells these N00Bs what moves to make to improve their team...aka, they don't actually have to be paying attention at all to come away with at least a chance of finishing high. Can you make it so that we have to go back to the snail mail way of playing Roto baseball when you have to look through the newspaper and actually put some study time in yourself to know what's going on without it all being 1 or 2 clicks away? ...you can't? Nevermind then, I've got nothing.

LOL, seriously though, the suggestions given already are good ones.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 390)

Postby Izenhart » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:27 pm

J35J wrote:Hmmm...

I'd like you to take out everything that helps the casual fan! Seriously...I don't like it that I spend hours in the offseason(and during the season) studying up on the coming season and some N00B can sign up a week before the season and get all the information he wants right on the home page and manage to come away with a good draft...then throughout the season there are all these bells and whistles that tells these N00Bs what moves to make to improve their team...aka, they don't actually have to be paying attention at all to come away with at least a chance of finishing high. Can you make it so that we have to go back to the snail mail way of playing Roto baseball when you have to look through the newspaper and actually put some study time in yourself to know what's going on without it all being 1 or 2 clicks away? ...you can't? Nevermind then, I've got nothing.

LOL, seriously though, the suggestions given already are good ones.

LOL yes I started playing in the 90s and I remember how mad I'd be that the early paper here on the east coast wouldn't have the box scores for the LA games. Some days I'd go not knowing what my players did at all.

One suggestion I have is like in football H2H where it does the breakdown of your point totals for the week, and it lets you know what your overall record would be vs the league, who were the top performers, who missed out on big games on the bench etc etc. I like that a lot. As a very casual football guy that's the only page I really look at.

For roto I would like the graph to be more customizable. I'd like to be able to set the # of days exactly it goes back to chart the graph, and to do it within specific dates (i.e. May 5th thru July 11th) I'd also like to be able to glance back at a specific date and what the standings were then, stats and all.

I think someone mentioned customizable stats options - being able to set and save which ones you see when u pull up free agents would make it easier to sort through what I'm really looking for. And again with the "past 7 days, past 14 days etc" let's make that number X, one WE get to set.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 294)

Postby wrveres » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:27 pm

Dear Santagenie ...

I want nothing. Take the whole winter off.

Merry Christmas.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)

Postby wrveres » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:32 pm

Take that back.

I'd like David Wright at a reasonable price, but I dont see you bieng able to fix that !
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers