5) Pujols
6) Bautista
7) Cabrera
8) Cargo
9) JUpton
10) Cano
11) Hanley
12) Ellsbury

I like 5 tool guys, I think Adrian will have an even bigger year next year, Crawford will be more comfortable and he will drive in even more if thats possible

missing my cut Votto, Konerko, Granderson, Prince, Weeks, Verlander and the rest of the top 5 pitchers
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Next Years First Round???

Postby cs3 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:14 am

I think it will be funny when Cargo is a consensus first round pick next season.
Tons of people were adamant that he shouldnt go that early this year... and when he started the season ice cold they all jumped up and shouted how they were right, and how everyone who picked him in the first round made a huge mistake.
Wonder why we havent heard much from those people the past 6 weeks?

1. Kemp
2. Bautista
3. Braun
4. Pujols
5. AGon
6. MCab
7. Cargo
8. Tulo
9. Hanley
10. Fielder
11. Longoria
12. Votto

13. Reyes
14. Ellsbury
15. Cano
16. Halladay
17. McCutch
18. Granderson
19. Tex
20. J.Upton
21. Verlander
22. Arod
23. Holliday
24. Weaver

not necessarily how i would draft but how i think the ADP's will look
Last edited by cs3 on Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Padsin05 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:17 am

cs3 wrote:I think it will be funny when Cargo is a consensus first round pick next season.
Tons of people were adamant that he shouldnt go that early this year... and when he started the season ice cold they all jumped up and shouted how they were right, and how everyone who picked him in the first round made a huge mistake.
Wonder why we havent heard much from those people the past 6 weeks?

god I know I was trying to buy low on him all april and may in my keeper league, dude wouldnt budge
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 13)

Postby Montana168 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:26 am

1. Albert Pujols--Depends how he comes back from his injury, and how he performs in the 2nd half. If he wouldn't have came back so quick, he wouldn't be here but I think many people will play it safe if they have the #1 pick and draft him. I personally never draft Pujols when I have the first pick. I look more at position scarcity and there are just too many good 1B to blow your 1st on one.

2. Matt Kemp--No question this guy is going to be here, and will go #1 overall in many drafts as well. He is going to put up a 40+/40+ season and is going to be highly coveted next year. While he is my favorite player in the game, he is probably going to be a bit overvalued since he won't repeat a 40/40 season. But will be a sure lock for 30/30, so you just have to keep those expectations in check if you draft him.

3. Troy Tulowitzki--If I'm picking anywhere in the top 3, this is my pick. SS has horrible depth, and with Hanley falling off the map, and looking like no better than a 25/25 player, Tulo's value as the #1 SS widens from the pack. He's notorious for having 2nd half surges, and he's already at 44-17-57-6. I think we are going to see a 40/110/15 season out of Tulo when the season is complete. AND I believe he can repeat those numbers next year. I'm all in on him.

4. Ryan Braun--If it weren't for Matt Kemp's amazing year, we would be talking more about Braun who is already at 57-16-62-19-.320. Not much else to say here, Braun's HR were down last year, but he is as steady as they come. He is probably the safest pick out of these top 4 players (Yes, safer than Pujols).

5. Jose Bautista--I still don't like/trust Bautista. I don't have a reason for it, but I just don't. However, with 3B eligibility next year and he is repeating his breakout year, this is where he will likely get drafted. I won't touch him here.

6. Adrian Gonzalez--Another guy I don't like at this pick, but this is where he'll go because he's a Sox. Lookin like the every bit of the player the Red Sox paid him to be (opposite of Crawford), but again, I don't like going with a 1B in the 1st and there really isn't much difference between him and Teixeira (who has 8 more HR right now) who you can get in the early 2nd.

7. Robinson Cano--On pace for a 100-30-100-10-.300 year. At 2nd base, yes please. The steals are a pleasant surprise, and if he reaches double digits, I think his value will get a nice boost. If the top 4 players on this list go in that order, Cano is my 5th pick.

8. Hanley Ramirez--I still like Ramirez because I covet 5 tool players, especially at shallow positions, but it's clear the shine has diminished from this star. He has basically been in a decline every since his near 30-50 season. Because the fish fear injuries with him, he's not a 50 SB player anymore. I'm not even sure he's a 30 SB player anymore. The best I think you can hope for from him is a 25/25 season, which is still elite, but not worth the #2 pick as he has been the past few years.

9. Evan Longoria--This is more of a speculative pick right now than what his actual number indicate. He's been hurt, but I think he's going to have a strong 2nd half and show us that he is capable of being an annual 30/20 3rd baseman, and I think he is capable of better than that. If he slips to the 2nd round next year, he will be on every one of my teams.

10. Carlos Gonzalez--I will admit I was one of the people that believed he was going too high. I liked his power and speed combo, but I wanted to see him repeat his dominance before I bought in 1st round value for him. I am a believer. You can argue that he is an outstanding value at this pick because he is capable of putting up the same or better numbers than Kemp/Braun who are top 4 picks.

11. Prince Fielder--His value could depend on where he lands. I haven't looked at his interleague numbers to see how successful he is off AL pitchers, but if he goes to a team like the Yankees as a DH (very plausible) his value will soar. On pace for 40/135. He is a MUCH better value here than A-Gon at 6.

12. Miguel Cabrera--This pick is really a toss up. There are a handful of players that you can make a case for that belong in this spot, but with Miggy's consistency, he belongs here. But he certainly isn't a top 5 player, like many were drafting him last year. Again, the difference between A-gon, fielder, miggy, teix, howard, votto is very slim. Even Adam Lind (if he finished 30/100 .300) isn't that far off from these guys, and you'll be able to get him much later.

Second Round (in no particular order):

Roy Halladay
David Wright
Mark Teixeira
Alex Rodriguez
Joey Votto
Carl Crawford
Justin Upton
Ian Kinsler (yes, I like him here. Could slip to the 3rd, but I like him to finish with 25/30, or 30/30 if he has a dominant power month)
Verlander
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RedHopeful » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:55 am

Surprised no one has mentioned Asdrubal Cabrera nowhere in their top 24ish. ;-7
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby wrveres » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:29 pm

solid write up montana
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:49 pm

wrveres wrote:solid write up montana

Yes, but those without faith in Bautista have a tendency to get burned.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:15 pm

There is no way Cabrera will fall to 12 in any respectable draft.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby wrveres » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:27 pm

mweir145 wrote:
wrveres wrote:solid write up montana
Yes, but those without faith in Bautista have a tendency to get burned.
there is no way in hell im drafting Bautista next year. I see it, i can clearly see the production, and i am still not buying. Besides, if im going to reach in the first round next year, it'll be on the 2011 AL MVP, Adrian Gonzalez. :-)
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers