Sheets - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sheets

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby 100MPH » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:01 pm

Ender wrote:Luckily a random fan watching on TV was able to spot this easily while the team's physician, pitching coach, manager, catcher and other pitchers didn't notice it.

Have you ever listened to Steve Stone. I am the guy who was whispering insider information in his ear.

Trust me. I know baseball better than anyone including MLB managers. Managers will ride a pitcher through pain. If you need proof, just look back to all those 140 pitch count games Wood threw. That is what a manager will do.

I trust my eyes more than any game report. Lots of teams are about as good with injury reprots as the New England Patriots or Denver Broncos. Did you hear the latest reports from the Cubs? Prior is doing just fine and they expect him to rejoin the club any day.

If I was inside baseball I would easily put together a 100 win team every year.

Back to Sheets. I pitched. I know what pulling something in the rib cage will do. It becomes painfull to extend the arm while turning the torso. That is what Sheets looked like to my eyes. Call me wrong, but it is my eyes. And I am normally right about baseball.
100MPH
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ender » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:05 pm

Did you hear the latest reports from the Cubs? Prior is doing just fine and they expect him to rejoin the club any day.

Actually the latest report is they fixed three seperate problems in his arm and he's out for the season.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby sportsaddict » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:06 pm

100MPH wrote:
Ender wrote:Luckily a random fan watching on TV was able to spot this easily while the team's physician, pitching coach, manager, catcher and other pitchers didn't notice it.

Have you ever listened to Steve Stone. I am the guy who was whispering insider information in his ear.

Trust me. I know baseball better than anyone including MLB managers. Managers will ride a pitcher through pain. If you need proof, just look back to all those 140 pitch count games Wood threw. That is what a manager will do.

I trust my eyes more than any game report. Lots of teams are about as good with injury reprots as the New England Patriots or Denver Broncos. Did you hear the latest reports from the Cubs? Prior is doing just fine and they expect him to rejoin the club any day.

Back to Sheets. I pitched. I know what pulling something in the rib cage will do. It becomes painfull to extend the arm while turning the torso. That is what Sheets looked like to my eyes. Call me wrong, but it is my eyes. And I am normally right about baseball.

I can't even tell if you are being serious or not...
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby 100MPH » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:07 pm

Ender wrote:
Did you hear the latest reports from the Cubs? Prior is doing just fine and they expect him to rejoin the club any day.

Actually the latest report is they fixed three seperate problems in his arm and he's out for the season.

I know. I was joking because the "He's fine" has been the precanned response the past 3 years. Even when the Cubs knew something was wrong it was always "He's fine".
100MPH
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Ender » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:17 pm

To be fair what you are seeing could be real and it could not have anything to do with an injury. For years now they have talked about how Sheets takes an inning or two to loosen up and throw freely, its why he has more problems in the first couple innings than most and why his velocity is usually down in the first inning and goes up as the game progresses.

It is plausible that the rest of the team sees the same thing you do and its just how Sheets is early in the game, I dunno. His throwing schedule has also been very erratic because of rain outs and the weather has been crappy which could make it worse.

I don't think you are correct that they are hiding a bigger injury but what you say you saw could be real and just not mean much.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby wrveres » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:44 am

over/under on this character bieng banned within a week?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)

Postby tecmobowl12 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:23 am

100MPH wrote:Have you ever listened to Steve Stone. I am the guy who was whispering insider information in his ear.

You write like you just got done reading realultimatepower.net
tecmobowl12
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Yoda » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:36 am

wrveres wrote:over/under on this character bieng banned within a week?

Under
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby pangbones » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:09 am

When I saw Elmer on the mound I almost crapped myself!! :~(

So I rewinded the game to see if I could see what happened. I don't have 100 mph's eye, but I couldn't see anything that looked out of the ordinary. I did, however, see Sheets as he walked off the field in the 3rd, lift up his right leg. Kinda like he was gonna stretch it out. Like I would do if I pulled something. But he wasn't limping, at least not in the 2 seconds they showed him.

Please be ok Ben!! :-o
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Inukchuk » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:40 am

tecmobowl12 wrote:
100MPH wrote:Have you ever listened to Steve Stone. I am the guy who was whispering insider information in his ear.

You write like you just got done reading realultimatepower.net

Oh my God. I just visited that website. It is now, and will forever be my homepage.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers