Need help moving out of last place! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Need help moving out of last place!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need help moving out of last place!

Postby Adaptx » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:13 am

I feel I have a decent lineup, but it is not producing anywhere near its potential, could use some advice on what moves to make:

C: Yadier Molina
1b: P Fielder
2b: C Utley
3b: R Zimmerman
SS : J Peralta with Asdrubal Cabrera on the bench for now
OF: Domonic Brown
Colby Rasmus
Nate Mclouth
Austin Jackson
Alex Gordon
*Was thinking drop Rasmus for Aoki

My pitching isn't too awful, I have 3 closers, was thinking of trading one (Frieri, Holland, Perkins) Im lacking in Runss, HRs, RBIs, SBs

Any advice is appreciated, Its a 10 team H2H league
Adaptx
T-Ball Trainer

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need help moving out of last place!

Postby NYG1119 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:55 am

If you could post you actual rotation that would be a big help.

Looking at what you have given me, the fact that you say your lacking in both power and speed means at this point you need to just focus on getting one. It looks like you team is way more suited for power so I would keep Rasmus over Aoki at this point. I think you missed your window but if you can trade McLouth and maybe one of your closers to get a power guy (Pedro Alvarez) I would try for it. Not sure that would be enough for him though unless he is a contender looking for more saves.

Your hitting doesn't look too bad an I'm sure Prince will get that average up soon. Let me know your starting pitching and then I can help you out a little more and maybe come up with a good trade to help you get out of the cellar.
NYG1119
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Adaptx » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:29 am

SPs: Adam Wainwright
Jon Lester ( Had to add him after I lost Tim Hudson)
Travis Wood, Jered Weaver, Doug Fister, James Shields
RPs: Frieri, Holland, Perkins

Thanks for the help!
Adaptx
T-Ball Trainer

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NYG1119 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:35 pm

Wow I'm shocked that your in last, that's a really good rotation. Now I can assume Saves is a strong point for your team. It's all about finding a contending team that is willing to pay for saves. I think only Holland would net you an Alvarez-type player, but even that's tough because a lot of owners don't value closers as being equal to starters or hitters.

You also could look to a team that is weak at SS and offer which ever one of your SS you would like to move. Also have to remember that Peralta could face a suspension, but that could be after this year anyway. Maybe test the market with Jhonny and see who you can get. Instead of blowing up your closers, try adding McLouth with Peralta or A. Cabrera and try to net like Carlos Beltran, Matt Holliday, or even a Hunter Pence...just an OF who can give you some additional pop.

And for Peralta you might get more so just send offers for whoever you desire...maybe even try to get a speed/power guy like Carlos Gomez that can help you in all 4 of your lacking categories.

Hope this helps
NYG1119
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team