Bad Start in H2H points League, Reassessing (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Bad Start in H2H points League, Reassessing (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bad Start in H2H points League, Reassessing (WHIR)

Postby LightItUp95 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:28 pm

12 Team H2H Points ESPN Weekly Keeper League. This is my 2nd year in the league, and I finished at .500 last year (11-11), but that was after a horrible start. This year, I'm currently 1-2 (though I'm down by about 50 points with 3 starts left this week). I think I know why I'm having problems but you tell me:

FYI: this is next week's lineup, which is why Cespedes is in there.

Hitters

C: Wilin Rosario (COL)
1B: Anthony Rizzo (CHC)
2B: Rickie Weeks (MIL)
SS: Ian Desmond (WAS)
3B: Todd Frazier (CIN)
OF: Ryan Braun (MIL)
OF: Mike Trout (LAA)
OF: Austin Jackson (DET)
OF: Carlos Gomez (MIL)
OF: Yoenis Cespedes (OAK)
UTIL: David Freese (STL)
UTIL: Kendrys Morales (SEA)

BCH: Oscar Taveras (STL)
BCH: Chris Carter (HOU)
BCH: Justin Ruggiano (MIA)
BCH: Chris Johnson (ATL)
BCH: Aaron Hicks (MIN)
DL: Brian McCann (ATL)

Pitchers

P: Felix Hernandez (SEA)
P: Yu Darvish (TEX)
P: Jeff Samardzija (CHC)
P: Jonathan Niese (NYM)
P: Marco Estrada (MIL)
P: Joe Nathan (TEX)
P: Tom Wilhelmsen (SEA)
RP: Edward Mujica (STL)

BCH: Jarrod Parker (OAK)
BCH: Chris Tillman (BAL)
BCH: Tony Cingrani (CIN)
BCH: Jhoulys Chacin (COL)
BCH: Brandon Maurer (SEA)
DL: Michael Pineda (NYY)

(Keepers in Bold)

I have great pitching and Outfield depth, but my problem has been strikeouts. Rosario, Rizzo, Weeks, Gomez, and (to an extent) Frazier are all killing me with their offensive Ks. I lead the league in Hitter Ks and it's not close. My pitching is great, but I'm still not doing well. Thoughts?

Also, leave you team and I will get to you. Thank you.
LightItUp95
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bad Start in H2H points League, Reassessing (WHIR)

Postby erjohnson1 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:29 pm

Never played a H2H league so I've never had to deal with offensive K's, but even with that said it's obvious that your infield is killing you. Weeks got off to an awful start last year but was able to turn it around in the second half. Desmond has something like a .180 BABIP which is insanely low and some of his balls with start finding holes. Don't know why you say Rosario is hurting you, he's off to a great start and should be a top five catcher this year. Rizzio is providing power, but has a lot of strikeouts and a low average. With all that said, honestly if I was you I'd stay put. If you wanted to make a move, you could look at trading one of your outfielders for an upgrade in your middle infield. Since you're wanting to lower your offensive K's, the trade I would look at doing is Darvish and Reeks for Cano. Yes, your staff would take a hit, but you'll drop your strikeouts and get the best 2B in the game. Darvish can't get any higher than he is know, and Reeks will easily eclipse 150 strikeouts this year.
erjohnson1
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 37)

Postby Rapatt95 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:03 am

IAN DESMOND!

His 3/25ish Bb/k rate is killer in a points league, I had him, he's bating over 300 so he looks like a top fantasy option, I was able to sell high on him for Ben Zobrist. If I were you I would sell high on him now because he's doing about as well as he will all year but he is averaging 2.0 Pts per game because of the k's. Sell high on him now an you will get an immediate upgrade in that K department.
Rapatt95
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BalooDP » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:41 am

You need an upgrade at 2B for sure. Who's on the wire? I'd dump Weeks for just about anyone at this point.
BalooDP
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 171)

Postby JarekO » Wed May 01, 2013 4:23 pm

Do nothing. This team is going to turn around and do well for you. If you get holds, pick up a RP instead of so many benched fielders. Other then that. you had a good draft, just a crap start. (weeks will pick it up)
JarekO
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 9)

Postby LightItUp95 » Wed May 01, 2013 7:36 pm

@erjohnson 1) The guy who has Cano won't trade him. Believe me, I tried last year. He just refuses to trade him.
2) I wouldn't trade Darvish for 2 reasons: one, he is the best K pitcher in the game which is extremely valuable in points and two, he's going to be undervalued (I'm not getting an Ace-caliber haul for him).

@Rapatt95 Desmond is all but a lock to go 20/20. He also won't destroy my average like Weeks will. I'm trading him, could be a top 3 SS this year with Reyes out.

@BalooDP Nothing good, Getz and Ellis are the only decent ones. Ackley's there too, but no way he's better than Weeks. I'm watching Nick Franklin though, could get the call soon and has a 8:16 K:BB last I checked.

@JarekO No holds (I meant to change that before the season). Weeks had a good night last night, so hopefully he starts being okay soon. In case he does though, I'm thinking of trading for Pedroia. The guy needs OF help like crazy and I have a lot of that. So, I am considering it.

Also, picked up Hafner and McLouth. They are platoon guys, but They walk a lot and Hafner's basically becoming an everyday guy now, and 20+ homers and 50 walks is definitely possible.

Anyone else?
LightItUp95
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team