6x6 ESPN 10-team ROTO - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

6x6 ESPN 10-team ROTO

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

6x6 ESPN 10-team ROTO

Postby aerrico » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:44 am

6x6 categories that uses OPS in addition to the standard 5 offensive categories and holds in addition to the standard 5 pitching categories.

C Victor Martinez
1B Adrian Gonzalez
2B Aaron Hill
3B Miguel Cabrera
SS Ben Zobrist
MI (2B/SS) Alexi Ramirez
CI (1B/3B) Paul Goldschmidt
OF Jose Bautista
OF Adam Jones
OF Angel Pagan
OF Ichiro
UTIL Nick Swisher
UTIL Emilio Bonifacio
UTIL Josh Rutledge

BE (DL) Curtis Granderson
BE (DL) Mark Teixiera

I'm waiting to DL these two guys, so currently they are taking up spots on my roster. Once they go DL eligible in a few days, then I'll be able to pick up a few FA bats such as Carlos Quentin, Ryan Ludwick, etc.

SP Cliff Lee
SP Zack Greinke
SP Jake Peavy
SP Matt Garza
SP Marco Estrada
SP Mike Fiers
P(SP? RP?) Aroldis Chapman
RP David Hernandez
RP Bruce Rondon
RP Joaquin Benoit
RP Antonio Bastardo

My evaluation: I felt that I found good values in the auction as far as pitching went, spending only 61 dollars on all pitchers. I definitely like my top 2 anchoring the staff and love Estrada as a 5th starter. I will eventually try to keep a spot open for streaming, but will go the first couple of weeks with this staff. As far as hitting goes, I really don't see any weakness in terms of category production. I think that having Ichiro and Bonifacio starting the year as starters could be somewhat problematic, but since they are both outfielders or utility men, I should be able to find viable replacements. If not, Granderson should be back soon enough and I think he can still provide 25-30 HRs this year for sure.

What do you guys think? Strengths? Weaknesses? Trade opportunities?
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 6x6 ESPN 10-team ROTO

Postby eatyun » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:15 pm

aerrico wrote:6x6 categories that uses OPS in addition to the standard 5 offensive categories and holds in addition to the standard 5 pitching categories.

C Victor Martinez
1B Adrian Gonzalez
2B Aaron Hill
3B Miguel Cabrera
SS Ben Zobrist
MI (2B/SS) Alexi Ramirez
CI (1B/3B) Paul Goldschmidt
OF Jose Bautista
OF Adam Jones
OF Angel Pagan
OF Ichiro
UTIL Nick Swisher
UTIL Emilio Bonifacio
UTIL Josh Rutledge

BE (DL) Curtis Granderson
BE (DL) Mark Teixiera

I'm waiting to DL these two guys, so currently they are taking up spots on my roster. Once they go DL eligible in a few days, then I'll be able to pick up a few FA bats such as Carlos Quentin, Ryan Ludwick, etc.

SP Cliff Lee
SP Zack Greinke
SP Jake Peavy
SP Matt Garza
SP Marco Estrada
SP Mike Fiers
P(SP? RP?) Aroldis Chapman
RP David Hernandez
RP Bruce Rondon
RP Joaquin Benoit
RP Antonio Bastardo

My evaluation: I felt that I found good values in the auction as far as pitching went, spending only 61 dollars on all pitchers. I definitely like my top 2 anchoring the staff and love Estrada as a 5th starter. I will eventually try to keep a spot open for streaming, but will go the first couple of weeks with this staff. As far as hitting goes, I really don't see any weakness in terms of category production. I think that having Ichiro and Bonifacio starting the year as starters could be somewhat problematic, but since they are both outfielders or utility men, I should be able to find viable replacements. If not, Granderson should be back soon enough and I think he can still provide 25-30 HRs this year for sure.

What do you guys think? Strengths? Weaknesses? Trade opportunities?

Your batting looks Solid except for Maybe MI And the back end of your Of If your pitching can stay Healthy (Matt Garza) It should be pretty decent Im not a Big Believer in Greinke But I like Lee/Garza (if Healthy) fiers and estrada Over all Pretty Decent team that should get better when Granderson comes back and you snag some Pitching of the Wire
eatyun
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 523)

Postby aerrico » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:57 am

Thanks for the response.

Today I dropped Rondon for Luke Gregerson as Rondon got assigned to the minors and I feel that Gregerson can have a nice balance of strikeouts, holds, and saves when Huston Street inevitably gets hurt. He was great last year when given the opportunity so I think he will be the first option after Street in San Diego.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this team?
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BustinLikePosey » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:08 am

I think your offense is pretty well set, nice snags for your DL. I'm def not a fan of Grienke this season, already having injury concerns, and I don't have much faith in Garza. Even without those pitchers, your team could still easily contend for the top spot. I don't have much advice for this team, I feel like you were pretty thorough, and as long as you play the waivers well for pitching, you should be set.
BustinLikePosey
T-Ball Trainer

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:56 am

Thanks for the help on mine.

This team looks really solid top to bottom. I played in a 6x6 OPS league as well so I'm pretty familiar. There are no glaring weaknesses on your offense. I don't like having to rely on Bonifacio, especially when he's not guaranteed a starting job, but that's a position you can always grab a WW player to fill, and a Quentin or Ludwick would do fine. Besides that it looks like a really good power/speed balance, and you snagged some of my favorite OPS-league underrated targets like Swisher. Even Pagan, as mostly a speed threat, doesn't kill your OPS. So nice job.

Pitching-wise I think it's going to come down to health. There's certainly plenty of upside. If Lee remains Lee and Greinke/Peavy/Garza can stay healthy, I like this staff a lot. Plenty of upside with Estrada and Fiers to round it out (grabbed them both as well as you saw.) I've never played in a holds league but seems like you got some good names. Obviously you'll have to play the WW for closers, but that's typically a winning strategy since year-to-year closer turnover is so huge. The closer you did invest (I'm guessing somehwat highly) in was a great one, so you have a nice baseline to build off of.

Overall a really nice job. I wouldn't be looking to make many moves just yet, except some pickups when Grandy and Teix move to the DL.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby bameluxen » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:50 pm

You have a solid team with a diverse set of skill sets. You have some real solid power hitters Cabrera and Bautista and its awesome you got Ramirez and Goldschmidt 1) natural talent and diverse playable positions. I am hesitant about Ichiro and Swisher...age and possability of injury run high so keep that in mind. I would assume you got Ichiro in a late round? If so it was a good, bold move. Big Tex is a great player when healthy and should hit a bunch of HR this year like always. I think Zobrist is due to have a big year, if he starts out slow I would not be surprised but like all baseball players they will find their own.
bameluxen
T-Ball Trainer

Postby aerrico » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:46 pm

Thanks for all the well-thought out responses guys. Definitely appreciated.

As far as Ichiro goes, this was an auction draft and I was able to grab him for 4 dollars, which I definitely thought was fair value on him. His speed and runs scored upside can certainly be valued way above 4 dollars.
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

Postby 11stever11 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:48 pm

Thank you for the help on mine ;-D

I think your pitching depends on the health of Zack Greinke and Matt Garza. If they are healthy then they will be fantastic values and a solid pair with Lee. You should be fine with pitching overall. Your hitting is strong especially when Granderson comes back. I like the idea of picking up Ludwick when Graderson goes to the DL; he should well in the Red offense. I have never played in a ROTO format but hope I helped some.
11stever11 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Football Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team