Dynasty Team Eval (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Dynasty Team Eval (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dynasty Team Eval (WHIR)

Postby christo16 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:34 am

Hey all,

This is my dynasty team, league is 18 teams, 12 categories (Hitting: R,HR,RBI,SB,AVG,OPS | Pitching: SV,K,ERA,WHIP,K/BB,QS). I'm trying to rebuild my team around a couple of young guys like Profar/Taveras and Bundy. Realistically I might not contend this year.

• I was thinking about going after a young Catcher (Santana via Trade or Zunino by Draft). Good idea as I don't exactly have a everyday catcher? Is there anyone else I could realistically target?
• I have a lot of SP but they are all back of the rotation guys. Do I need an ace?
• Are there any prospects on my list that you would cut or trade?

Any other suggestions or thoughts? Thanks!

Majors:
C Josh Donaldson
1B Adam Lind
2B Dustin Pedroia
3B Chase Headley
SS Ian Desmond
OF Yoenis Cespedes
OF Brandon Moss
OF Jayson Werth
Util Paul Konerko
Util Geovanny Soto
BN Will Venable
BN Jonny Gomes
BN Ryan Roberts
BN Will Middlebrooks

SP Nathan Eovaldi
SP Erasmo Ramirez
RP Ernesto Frieri
RP Luke Gregerson
P Steve Cishek
P Ryan Cook
P Frank Francisco
BN Hirashi Iwakuma
BN Tommy Milone
BN Jason Vargas
BN Carolos Villanueva
BN Jake Westbrook
BN Alexi Ogando
BN Brett Myers
BN Jason Hammel
BN Jeff Niemann

Minors:
C-
CI-
CI- Darin Ruf, 1B, PHI
MI- Ivan DeJesus Jr, BOS
MI- Jurickson Profar, TEX
OF- Oscar Taveras, STL
OF- Anthony Gose, TOR
OF- Brett Jackson, CHC
UT- Alfredo Silverio, MIA
UT-

P - Jarred Cosart, PHIL
P- Edwar Cabrera, COL
P- Dylan Bundy, BAL
P- Tyler Skaggs, AZ
P- Deck McGuire, TOR
P- Brad Peacock, OAK
P-
christo16
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dynasty Team Eval (WHIR)

Postby Kimbos Beard » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:27 am

Overall, I think your team has alot of potential, but it will be better to judge it during spring training. I would want to get a sense of what Baltimore plans to do with Bundy and where Arizona sees Skaggs before deciding how to play out this year.

However, an overall thought is that your infield is pretty loaded for a 18 team league and you have plenty of depth there. The way I see it you should at some point be shopping Ian Desmond and either Headley or Middlebrooks (depending on who you believe in more and/or what type of return you can get) Moving those two guys should bring back a nice haul for your team.

Those are the moves that stand out to me and then you can reevaluate afterwards.
Kimbos Beard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 27)

Postby dfa » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:59 am

Of all the positions to be concerned about, catcher really is not really high on my list. Given that you are in an 18 team league, there are going to be a fair amount of second division catchers used. Given how many rate stats your league is using, if you can't get a top echelon guy, I would almost go for a back up type with some pop (John Jaso being the easy example from last year; I'm sure you can research and find a catcher with decent rate stats whose defensive limitations will limit him to less than 200 at bats). I would also definitely trade Konerko if you can, since it looks like you are punting on 2013. Ian Desmond also might be able to land a package which makes some deal of sense since you have Prufar waiting in the wings. Lastly, I would also consider dealing Pedroia. For fantasy purposes he is so great, but it's also true that middle infielders age poorly and he will be 30 in August.

Good luck to you!
dfa
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby christo16 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:11 am

dfa wrote:Of all the positions to be concerned about, catcher really is not really high on my list. Given that you are in an 18 team league, there are going to be a fair amount of second division catchers used. Given how many rate stats your league is using, if you can't get a top echelon guy, I would almost go for a back up type with some pop (John Jaso being the easy example from last year; I'm sure you can research and find a catcher with decent rate stats whose defensive limitations will limit him to less than 200 at bats). I would also definitely trade Konerko if you can, since it looks like you are punting on 2013. Ian Desmond also might be able to land a package which makes some deal of sense since you have Prufar waiting in the wings. Lastly, I would also consider dealing Pedroia. For fantasy purposes he is so great, but it's also true that middle infielders age poorly and he will be 30 in August.

Good luck to you!

Thanks this is great advice. I actually have a potential trade for Pedroia on the table, what do you think about this:
I get: Hosmer, Ackley, Hultzen and Nick Castellanos
I give up: Pedroia, Brett Jackson and Adam Lind
christo16
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 1)

Postby mikehawkshard » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:26 am

christo16 wrote:
dfa wrote:Of all the positions to be concerned about, catcher really is not really high on my list. Given that you are in an 18 team league, there are going to be a fair amount of second division catchers used. Given how many rate stats your league is using, if you can't get a top echelon guy, I would almost go for a back up type with some pop (John Jaso being the easy example from last year; I'm sure you can research and find a catcher with decent rate stats whose defensive limitations will limit him to less than 200 at bats). I would also definitely trade Konerko if you can, since it looks like you are punting on 2013. Ian Desmond also might be able to land a package which makes some deal of sense since you have Prufar waiting in the wings. Lastly, I would also consider dealing Pedroia. For fantasy purposes he is so great, but it's also true that middle infielders age poorly and he will be 30 in August.

Good luck to you!

Thanks this is great advice. I actually have a potential trade for Pedroia on the table, what do you think about this:

I would do that trade in a heartbeat.
mikehawkshard
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby dfa » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:58 am

christo16 wrote:Thanks this is great advice. I actually have a potential trade for Pedroia on the table, what do you think about this:

As mentioned above, I would agree that this is a pretty good trade. Hosmer has much more potential that Pedroia, and while I love Pedroia, he does not seem to make sense for your team. I also really like Hultzen in Safeco. Conversely Ackley may struggle with the marine air in Seattle. Adam Lind is terrible. Castellanos is a nice prospect, but there are some things that are a bit concerning. Overall I like the deal for you a lot, though I would see what else you might be able to get for Pedroia! Second base is terrible this year, so it can always be tough to know when to make the deal...
dfa
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Fear the Beard » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:01 pm

If u want to keep rebuilding u can try and see what u can get for Headly sense his Value is high right now and u have Middlebrook to take his position u could probally fill another need with Headley bc from what i can see ur needs are as following(my opininon take it as such)

C- u said u going for Santana but u could probally get Wilin Rosario cheaper and has huge power potential
1B- Lind i think u can find a young option that can put up similiar numbers EX: Chris Carter(trade could help him out) or Justin Morneau or even Reynolds and Konerko is on his way out could possibly trade him mid year for youth
2B- Pedroia is solid
3B- Soilid with Headley/Middlebrooks
SS- Desmond is a decent SS
OF- outside of Cespedes u need a overhaul in the Outfield Positions
SP- Could use a Overhaul as well until Bundy and Skaggs fully Develop u have a nice possible sleeper in Iwakuma thou
RP- i think Cishek lost Value with Valverde Signing with MIA but he will be closer eventually Cook has a very nice K/9 and Francisco will be closer only bc they have no one else

So Overall i say u focus on Upgrading Outfield and Pitching
Fear the Beard
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team