My Team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

My Team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My Team

Postby TorontoBlueJays17 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Hey guys, new to the forums here so hey! Just wanted a quick rate of my team, this is my first year of fantasy baseball so I'm looking for constructive criticism! These have daily moves, is a 10 team AL-only keeper league. HR/RBI/AVG/SB/R and W/SAVES/K/ERA. They are probably adding WHIP in next season. It is fairly competitive. Any upgrades/trades you'd recommend?

C - Jarrod Saltalmacchia
C - Jesus Montero
1B - Nick Swisher
2B - Robinson Cano
3B - Brett Lawrie
CI - Sean Rodriguez
MI - Dustin Ackley
OF - Torii Hunter
OF - Mitch Moreland
OF- Alejandro De Aza
OF - Ben Revere
OF - Seth Smith
Util - Kelly Johnson
BN - Yoenis Cespedes
BN - Cody Ross

SP - Dan Haren
SP - Jeremy Hellickson
SP - Daisuke Matsuzaka
SP - Charlie Furbish
RP - Jordan Walden
RP - Matt Capps
RP - Jonathan Broxton
P - Koji Uehera
P - Pedro Strop
BN - Colby Lewis
BN - Brandon Morrow
BN - Felipe Paulino
TorontoBlueJays17
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: My Team

Postby LightItUp95 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:44 pm

In terms of offense, I would attempt to trade for an OF or 1B (In which case, Swisher becomes an OF). Obviously, your outfield will be better when Yoenis gets back. as for someone to trade, maybe you could try to deal KJ or Ackley since you have a lot of depth at 2B (that's a hard position to fill). Maybe try for Billy Butler since he is in a bit of a slump as of late. He would fit in a UTIL slot or at 1B. In genral though, don't trade anyone who has a huge impact on your offense.

For Pitching, I don't love your staff, since you don't have a legit No. 1, but Dan Haren's pretty damn close. Plus, Hellickson is a solid partner for him, so you're good. Daisuke's a bit of a gamble. If I knew who was on your waiver wire, i'd tell you to replace him,but I don't. I'd still pitch Colby Lewis over him. finally, I have no idea why you're hanging onto Walden, he really doesn't help you. I'd try to pick up Ryan Cook over him. You'll take a bit of hit in strikeouts, but a better ERA and WHIP + Saves. You may also want to try Tom Wilhelmsen for Saves and some good Ks if Cook is gone.

Overall, very solid team.
LightItUp95
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TorontoBlueJays17 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:24 pm

Thanks for the feedback! I would have, but Cook and Wilmhensen were both drafted.. Harsly any good relievers, that's why I picked up Furbish. Best RP on the wire is Jesse Crain. I agree, I need some CI/1B help. Once Ross and Cespedes come back, I'll have a pretty decent OF if Ross recaptures his early-season form. The other thing, next year two managers are getting kicked out for inactivity. Trout, Kinsler, Bautista, Gonzalez, Pedroia and C.J Wilson are all re-entering the draft. Currently, I'm in 3rd Place (4 out of 1st). I want to make a run this year, but I also want to account for next year.
TorontoBlueJays17
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TorontoBlueJays17 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:25 pm

Any more feedback?
TorontoBlueJays17
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby csk3000 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:36 pm

Not too bad, but two suggestions overall.

1. You definitely need to do something to help with your OF production. There are so many good OFers, and I think you could package some infielders for a SOLID OFer, and maybe replace the INfers from FA.

2. Idk why Morrow and Lewis are on the bench. They should be starting.
csk3000
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby TorontoBlueJays17 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:12 pm

Well my league has daily moves, so I play whoever is pitching. Morrow is hurt. Lewis just pitched. The OF, who do you suppose I should target, and for who?
TorontoBlueJays17
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team