Top Fantasy Players at Every Position - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to 2014 Predictions

Top Fantasy Players at Every Position

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Top Fantasy Players at Every Position

Postby JasonisFreng » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:42 pm

C Willin
1B Golden Boy
2B CAN U NO
3B Miggens
SS Every Day Cabrera
OF Rainbow Trout
OF Ellsberries
OF Brauny
SP Clayton Ohio
RP Hollanday Season
"Going going back back" -Notorious BIG
JasonisFreng
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 83)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Top Fantasy Players at Every Position

Postby Element » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:13 pm

C Posey - Will bounce back big
1B Goldschmidt - Will not fall backwards
2B Cano - Still holds Kipnis even in new digs
3B Miggy - Goldschmidt only has one year left as the top 1B
SS Hanley - A switch flipped last season. He's a leader now.
OF Trout - Mainstay for many years to come
OF Gonzalez - He still plays in Coors, right?
OF Braun - Still one of the best hitters in the league.
SP Kershaw - In a tier of his own
RP Balfour - Balfour rage at Camden yards?! Yes please!
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 719)

Postby LA Blue » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:28 am

C- Rosario
1b- Goldy
2b- Cano
3b- Cabrera
SS- Tulo
OF- Trout
OF- Cargo
OF- McCutchen
SP- Kershaw
CL- Jansen
Playing fantasy baseball/football since 1988.
LA Blue
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 359)

Postby SpecialFNK » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:16 pm

C- Rosario. could be 30+ HR from catcher.
1B- Goldschmidt. but right there are Davis and Encarnacion
2B- Cano. as of right now, but Kipnis is passing him soon, with combination of power and speed.
3B- Cabrera. 1 more year left at 3B before he takes over at 1B.
SS- Ramirez.
OF- Trout.
OF- McCutchen.
OF- Harper. if he can play a full season he could be 30+/20+.
SP- Kershaw. should be unanimous.
RP- Kimbrel.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Postby bigken117 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:51 am

what fun is this if you don't go out on a limb or two?

C - Posey
1B - Davis
2B - Kipnis
3B - Cabrera
SS - Tulowitzki
OF - Trout
OF - McCutchen
OF - Stanton
SP - Kershaw
CL - Chapman

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby ensanimal » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:44 am

C - Mauer
1B - Goldy
2B - Cano
3B - Cabrera
SS - Desmond
OF - Trout
OF - Braun
OF - Harper
SP - Kershaw
CL - Rosenthal
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Postby iAtoria » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:03 pm

C - McCann - Yankees said he will be used as DH mostly, the lineup is reviving, it's always a mashfest in Yankee's Stadium, this is the biggest stretch I'm making I swear.
1B - Goldschmidt - Only a 1-1/2 year track record, but hey, I like the kid.
2B - Cano - Simply the best at this position every year, no reason to think it will be different now that he's in Seattle
3B - Cabrera - Godlike at this position, which lost Encarnicion, making him even more valuable, next best is a big dropoff
SS - Ramirez - He came back like a ball on fire last year and only played half a season his line? 20HRs/10SBs/.345AVG, I'm not saying he'll do this all year but 30HRs/15SBs/.310AVG is all he needs to be the best at this fairly weak position.
OF - Trout - Entering a third year with two years of hall of fame numbers, that makes him number one (although if Braun resurrects it could be close)
OF - Braun - As stated above, I think he will return to give Trout a run for his OF crown
OF - McCutchen - Entering his prime and has been one of the more consistent players out there, I predict this will be his 30/30 year
SP - Kershaw - this guy is a beast, no signs of slowing velocity and has the body build of an ideal pitcher, too many elite seasons, oh and he's only 26! Almost guarenteed under 3 ERA, under 1.2 WHIP with wins in the teens and over 220 Ks.
CL - Kimbrel - High Ks, High Ss, Low ERA, Low WHIP, the ideal closer, has done it for 3 years straight and yes, he's only 26, once again these kids are only going to get better.
iAtoria
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 2)

Postby TheDanBeyer » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:50 am

Fun thread.

C - McCann The guy has always been one of the top 2-3 catchers. I'm looking for him to have a huge season in NY.
1B - Fielder - I see an upside of Chris Davis 2013.
2B - Cano - Still the top 2B even in Seattle. I'm hoping he falls towards the end of the first round for me.
3B - Cabrera - Too good, too consistent. I have Beltre as 2.
SS - Hanley - Flashbacks of when he was going first or second overall some years back.
OF - Trout - Only injury will dethrone Trout from this spot.
OF - A Jones - The obp concerns me but 100/30/100/15/.285 is what he put up last year. Can he take another step?
OF - CarGo - Health permitting. Had trouble picking between CarGo and Stanton for this spot.
SP - Kershaw - Really big on Strasburg but Kershaw is in same position as Trout.
RP - Nathan - Just a hunch. So many options to go with here.
TheDanBeyer
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 9)

Postby patterson4president » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:02 pm

c- Mauer, lots of ab and gets to focus on raking
1b- fielder, big rebound in hitter friendly park
2b- kipnis, bats die at safeco
SS- Hanley, wins nl MVP
3b- miggy cabs
of- trout
of- cargo (brewers) 25/50
of- cargo 2 (Rockies)
sp- strasburg, primed for a historical season
rp- kenley
"it smells like updog in here"
patterson4president
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby BalooDP » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:33 am

C - Buster Posey - The 1B Eligibility and the fact that he's younger than Mauer and a proven hitter and will play more than other everyday catchers due to how valuable his bat is to the Giants make him the best at his position to me

1B - Votto - This is a bit of a diceroll this year as to who is BEST at the position. I like Goldschmidt, and while he's young and plays in a hitter's park, I'm not sure if I'm sold on him as he doesn't have enough experience. Davis is unproven but has BIG power potential as we've seen, Prince is a coinflip after last season but is going into a hitter's ballpark and a hitter's lineup, and Edwin Encarnacion is coming off of wrist surgery. So I'm take the most consistent proven hitter out of them all. Plus Votto walks.

2B - Cano He doesn't get hurt, he always hits. At the age where he'll be hitting his prime. Maybe Kipnis will give him a run for his money since Cano is moving to a worse lineup and a pitcher's park, but I'm still taking Cano since Kipnis kind of cooled off after such a hot streak last season. Cano is just more proven as a hitter.

3B Miguel Cabrera - No contest, best hitter in the league at a slim position.

SS - Hanley Ramirez. Shortstop is yuck this year. Hanley, Reyes, and Tulo are oft-injured, Andrus has no power, Jean Segura is very young. After that not too many solid options. So I'm going with the guy who looked unbelievable when he was on the field last year. But if you ask me, I'd rather take a later-round selection on a guy like JJ Hardy or Jed Lowrie than spend a high one on a guy who might get injured. :-/

OF - Trout. Five-tool player. Homers, Bags, Average, RBIs. #1 or #2 overall pick in all leagues. What more do you want?

OF - McCutchen. Another five-tool player. Last season he was money in the bank the whole time. Again another guy who can steal, hit homers, get on base, and drive guys in.

OF - Adam Jones - He may not walk, but that's not his mentality when he's at the plate, he's looking to drive guys in. Strikes out a lot but is a proven hitter, much more than Harper. Isn't a slouch on the bases, and hits in a good ballpark and a nice lineup.

SP - Clayton Kershaw. Should have won the NL Cy Young 3 years in a row. ERA under 3 last 3 years. Enough said.

RP - Craig Kimbrel. I hate Relief Pitchers because of how flaky they are from one year to the next (Looking at you Fernando Rodney, Grant Balfour, and co.), you can never tell what you're going to get with them. But Kimbrel has kept up his imitation of Mo Rivera for the last few years now, guy is just dominant. Not perfect, but way more consistent than the rest of the guys out there save for possibly Chapman, but he's only been closing for two years. Have to go with him.
BalooDP
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 171)

Next

Return to 2014 Predictions