Trade Strasburg and Chapman for Braun??? whir - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade Strasburg and Chapman for Braun??? whir

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade Strasburg and Chapman for Braun??? whir

Postby Elsy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:39 am

Was just offered this deal in 14 team with 23 keepers for 2015 - we are transitioning to a dynasty league starting 2016 - 25 man rosters. I need the offense but not sure if can afford to lose the pitching. We also have 18 man farm system

stats: 7x7 = Offense - R HR RBI SB K AVG OBP Pitching - W L SV K ERA WHIP QS

Get - Ryan Braun

Give - Stephen Strasburg and Aroldis Chapman

Roster: C - JP Arencibia; 1B - Adam Lind; 2B - Matt Carpenter; 3B - Brett Lawrie; SS - Adieny Hechavarria; OF - Brandon Moss, Allen Craig, Daniel Nava; UTIL - Aramis Ramirez, AJ Pollock; BN - Travis Snider, Colby Rasmus, Rajai Davis; DL - Jose Reyes, Michael Bourn; SP - Stephen Strasburg, Johnny Cueto, Tim Lincecum, Mark Beurhle, Travis Wood, Brandon Morrow, David Hale, Bruce Chen; RP - Jonathon Papelbon, JJ Hoover, Cody Allen, Luis Avilan; DL - Aroldis Chapman

Farm team: Mike Olt, Trevor Williams, Kole Calhoun, Dylan Cozens, Jairo Labourt, Justin Nicolino, Robert Osuna, Chris Reed, Clint Coulter, Kaleb Cowart, Hunter Morris, Christian Arroyo, AJ Jiminez, Tyler Pike, Chris Beck, Jason Hursh, Marco Gonzales, Blake Snell
Elsy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 43)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Strasburg and Chapman for Braun??? whir

Postby MadDog36 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:01 am

Yikes pitiful team. Needs all kind of help. Do not do that deal its bad.
Stras is your only good young arm (besides Cueto)
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1943)

Postby Elsy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:13 am

Thanks for input...yeah a few trades haven't worked out for me
Elsy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 43)

Postby Quackman » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:49 am

HI, I don't think this is the trade you need even though Braun would improve your offense. If I were you id think about rebuilding. It happens to all of us in keeper leagues that last many years. Hold onto your two or 3 youngest/best guys and try to trade the rest for your farm team. That's my suggestion. YOu have too many guys that are trending downward and your farm team needs help to compete. Trying to compete this year will only hurt you in the future so just tank it completely.

On the positive side, you have guys that have good value, especially to a team in the mix. Craig, Reyes, Bourn, cueto, papelbon, I think I would try and deal first. Id go after top prospects like J. Baez, Bryant, correa, appel or other young unproven studs in the majors (i.e. castallanos, yelich, gray). Target the best first then work your way down. Rebuilding is fun, good luck.
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)

Postby BalooDP » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:29 pm

Yeah this team might need to be gutted. Keep Stras and trade guys like Reyes for any kind of young talent. Your team isn't good enough to win now, so don't trade for Braun. Don't expect to win this year, that's for sure...gut the team Houston Astros style.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=468945 Help?
BalooDP
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 171)

Postby jonboycubs » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:43 pm

Do not go anywhere near that trade, it is really bad for you, and I am not sure what Braun value is even really going to be, he might just be worth nothing with no juice, he probably will be good though, However Strausburg and Chapman is way to much to give imo

mine
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=468949
"I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform." Ryne Sandberg
jonboycubs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 1094)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions