Need Help on Upgrades! WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Need Help on Upgrades! WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need Help on Upgrades! WHIR

Postby joeyg2323 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:24 am

Im in a 14 team mixed keeper league. its a 5x5 h2h league. Keep 4.
Right now im currently in 3rd, 1/2 a game out of 2nd, 7.5 out of first. 6 teams make playoffs so getting that #2 spot is important for the bye.

Currently 5 teams have thrown in the towel and want picks for players, 1 other team is on the fence.

Realistic upgrades that i wouldnt hesitate on adding are Ortiz, Craig and Latos.(the one on the fence has ortiz and craig and latos asking price is to high as of now.

Some other options are Nava, loney, Butler, Yadi(the owner may keep him instead), Rizzo, hardy, Rosario, Morales, Fowler,Byrd, Rasmus.

I have a 3rd and 4th Round pick to give up( already traded 1st and 2nd)

My Team
c-Salty
1b- Trumbo
2b- Cano
3b- Machado
ss- Segura
Of- MArter, Heyward, Harper
ULT- Ichiro, Reddick
B- Fraizer

Sp- Felix H, Greinke, Minor, Burnett, Teheran, Cole, Lohse, Beachy(Dont mind seeing how he turns out unless LAtos becomes an option to add)
RP- Mo, Reed, Mujica, Whilenhesen

So the real question is besides Ortiz, Craig, Yadi and LAtos are any of the other options a upgrade above Reddick and Fraizer where i should trade picks for? Or do i just hope Reddick or fraizer go back to there 2012 form?

Any questions about the league please ask and thanks to everyone that reads Will always help in return if link is left!
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need Help on Upgrades! WHIR

Postby rjforlife » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:29 am

With only 4 keepers, a 3rd or 4th round pick is actually pretty valuable so I don't think any of the available options from the Rizzo group will really have enough of an impact to make it worth your while. Rizzo would be the only guy I'd consider, could you give up a lower round for him? 6th?

Help:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=463696
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 740)

Postby joeyg2323 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:33 am

rjforlife wrote:With only 4 keepers, a 3rd or 4th round pick is actually pretty valuable so I don't think any of the available options from the Rizzo group will really have enough of an impact to make it worth your while. Rizzo would be the only guy I'd consider, could you give up a lower round for him? 6th?

Help:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=463696

Just to point out also i do have 3 6th rounds and 2 7th, No 5th or 8th.

If i could get Rizzo for a 6th you would do that? Even without keeping him for next season? Thansk for the help
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rjforlife » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:37 am

Since you have 3 6ths and Ichiro/Reddick/Frazier are all very weak, I would make the deal for Rizzo. He still has pop in that bat, and if he gets hot he could really help you in the playoffs. It is gambling, but low risk for pretty high possible reward. I would probably offer him the 7th rounder and hope he either takes it or counters asking for the 6th.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 740)

Postby joeyg2323 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:42 am

rjforlife wrote:Since you have 3 6ths and Ichiro/Reddick/Frazier are all very weak, I would make the deal for Rizzo. He still has pop in that bat, and if he gets hot he could really help you in the playoffs. It is gambling, but low risk for pretty high possible reward. I would probably offer him the 7th rounder and hope he either takes it or counters asking for the 6th.

Which do you think is better trying to package Rizzo and latos or try to get Ortiz or Craig?

Who would you let go between Reddick/ichiro/Fraizer?
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby joeyg2323 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:50 am

joeyg2323 wrote:
rjforlife wrote:Since you have 3 6ths and Ichiro/Reddick/Frazier are all very weak, I would make the deal for Rizzo. He still has pop in that bat, and if he gets hot he could really help you in the playoffs. It is gambling, but low risk for pretty high possible reward. I would probably offer him the 7th rounder and hope he either takes it or counters asking for the 6th.

Which do you think is better trying to package Rizzo and latos or try to get Ortiz or Craig?

Who would you let go between Reddick/ichiro/Fraizer?

His keeping Rizzo, and wants a 3rd and 4th for just latos. Thats to rich for my blood.

Is a latos and napoli deal worth a 3rd and 4th?
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions