Next step after big McCuthchen trade. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Next step after big McCuthchen trade.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Next step after big McCuthchen trade.

Postby garretterik » Sun May 05, 2013 11:58 pm

OK I just flipped Encarnacion/Aoki for McCuthchen ;-D (thanks Cafe!)

1. I have an extra roster spot.
2. Need to think about what to do with my pitching until Grienke comes back (in particularly Halladay and Dickey)
3. Finally an LA fan is interested in Kemp. He is willing to send me Votto

1. Who do I pick up off the ww: JKubel(Ari-OF), ARamirez(ChW-SS), Peralta(Det-SS), AHill(Ari-2B), EHosmer(KC-1B), Teixeira(NYY-1B), Freese(StL-3B), Espinosa(Was-2B,SS), Gattis(Atl-C,OF), JLocke(Pit-SP), ESantana(KC-SP), CTillman(Bal-SP), ABailey(Bos-RP), Niese(NYM-SP), Estrada(Mil-SP), Vogelsong, Beckett, Parker(Oak-SP), JFernandez(Mai-SP), Slowey(Mai-SP), Doubront, Griffin

2. Would you drop Halladay and/or Dickey in a 10 team league?

3. Would you trade Kemp for Votto? Can I get him to take Halladay too and get a pitcher back (he has CC, Medlen, Dempster, Lester, Hudson, Slowey(Min-SP)).

10 Team ESPN head-to-head
My team:
C Wilin Rosario, Col C
1B Paul Konerko, CWS 1B, DH
2B Dustin Pedroia, Bos 2B
3B Will Middlebrooks, Bos 3B
SS Everth Cabrera SD SS
2B/SS Jean Segura, Mil SS
1B/3B Paul Goldschmidt, Ari 1B
OF Matt Kemp, LAD OF
OF Justin Upton, Atl OF
OF Andrew McCutchen (Pit-OF)
OF Alejandro De Aza, CWS OF
OF Nick Markakis, Bal OF
UTIL Yoenis Cespedes, Oak OF, DH
Bench Hanley Ramirez*, LAD 3B, SS DL15
PITCHERS
P R.A. Dickey, Tor SP
P Matt Harvey, NYM SP
P Roy Halladay, Phi SP
P Jake Peavy, CWS SP
P Andrew Cashner, SD SP
P Huston Street, SD RP
P Grant Balfour, Oak RP
P Jason Grilli, Pit RP
P Casey Janssen, Tor RP
Bench Jose Quintana CWS SP
DL Zack Greinke, LAD SP DL
garretterik Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Next step after big McCuthchen trade.

Postby michaelyoung4prez » Tue May 07, 2013 5:09 pm

There's a lot of talent on your FA market, man oh man

I would def drop Markakis for Aramis, also if you can have another DL player I'd DL A Hill so you can have he and segura instead of E Cabrera when he is healthy

I def think both are droppable, someone dropped Roy today in my league, but if you can package him for a SP upgrade in that kemp deal you gotta do it. I'd drop Dickey for Ervin
michaelyoung4prez
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 21)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby michaelyoung4prez » Tue May 07, 2013 5:10 pm

I also like Slowey more than Quintana at this point, or add another one of those hitters and drop Quintana
michaelyoung4prez
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 21)

Postby aerrico » Tue May 07, 2013 5:55 pm

First of all, that's Alexi Ramirez on the FA list for this guy's league, not Aramis.

To address the questions:

1. Aaron Hill is by far the best player on your FA list. His power, speed, playing in a solid home hitter's park, and batting in front of Goldschmidt spell him having a huge rest of the year once he gets back in the next month or so. I would absolutely use the empty roster spot to pick him up.

2. I think Halladay is 100 percent dropable in a ten team league at this point. I would personally use the empty spot to stream pitching, but if this isn't something that you normally do / are not active to keep up with, I would pick up Ervin Santana, Marco Estrada, or Kevin Slowey, all of which are solid options. Dickey is in no way, shape, or form droppable at this point. Yes, he has had a rough start to the season, but he has plenty of time to turn it around and three to four good starts from now his numbers could easily be within his pre-season expectations. Also, if you're really at the point where you don't believe in him anymore, he absolutely has trade value... there is no reason to drop a player with his potential. No one is talking about dropping David Price or Matt Cain despite their slow starts, are they?

3. The Kemp for Votto trade is probably the closest of your questions. Your team is really well-balanced and you have solid average hitters, good base runners, and good power hitting. I personally think you have a bit more speed than power hitting on your team, and that Votto would be a very solid upgrade over the struggling Konerko. The deal would still leave you with three very serviceable outfielders in J Upton, A McCutchen, and Y Cespedes, but the outfield clearly gets weaker with this deal. I would make the deal because looking over your roster, you seem to be missing a middle of the order hitter in a great lineup that can drive in a lot of runs. This is definitely a big difference between Votto's bat and Kemp's, so I think I'd be willing to give up some speed and runs scored for AVG, HR, and RBI.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=460201
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions