Draft pick trade WHIR 100% - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Draft pick trade WHIR 100%

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Draft pick trade WHIR 100%

Postby ATLbraves » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:54 pm

12 team h2h keeper league (7 keepers)

You can keep someone as long as you want but their value increases by 2 rounds every year.

Current keepers are:

Mark Trumbo 13th round
Chris Sale 14th round
Johnny Cueto 15th round
Bryce Harper 18th round
Jason Kipnis 18th round
Matt Harvey 21st round

I have an option to keep David Ortiz in the 9th round, but I am starting to second guess it b/c of his achilles issues. It is being reported that he is getting an MRI on both achilles and he will likely begin the season on the DL. There is really no telling how long this could keep him out. So I will probably just pass on keeping him.

This is a current trade being offered to me:
7th, 10th, and 18th round pick and Andrelton Simmons (21st round eligibility) for my 8th, 9th, and 17th round pick and Trevor Bauer (21st round eligibility).

I would keep Andrelton and then I could keep Kipnis and Bryce both in the 18th round, since I originally only had 1 pick there. I was going to have to keep one in the 17th.

Should I accept this trade? Or should I just pass on it and stick with my 6 keepers and maybe even keep Ortiz too?

WHIR just leave a link

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Draft pick trade WHIR 100%

Postby chillbro » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:06 pm

I would take it, it seems like it would help both of you in the draft, and harper is a steal at rd. 18, while kipnis has potential as well. I prefer Simmons over Bauer. Also, I would hold off on Ortiz, definitely not worth that 9th round pick. Thanks for help w/ mine ;-D
chillbro
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby eatyun » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:40 pm

Thanks for help with mine. ;-D. If Ortiz can be healthy a 9th round is good but the question is can he? :-? id pass on him as for the trade id go ahead and do it ;-D
eatyun
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 523)

Postby pjtroy34 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:38 pm

Thanks for the thoughts on mine.
I would take the deal, but more for the better picks earlier than the other aspects...Harper in the 17th most bad either.

Either way, I wouldn't keep Papi right now.
pjtroy34
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MadDog36 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:43 am

I think at best Simmons is Andrus, maybe Yunel with speed. Edgar Renteria in his prime maybe. I still think I'd not trade for him...
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1928)

Postby fsbarren » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:47 am

I think those are pretty good keepers as-is. Not keeping Ortiz is OK, and a 9th round pick for him doesn't really offer any huge value anyway.

As for the trade, it kind of depends on where you guys pick in your respective rounds (you early in yours, he late in his, etc). I'd look at it by pick # rather than just rounds. The last round is irrelevant since it seems you would trade his 18th or your 17th anyway to keep Harper/Kipnis. I wouldn't keep Simmons over any of your current projected keepers.

Good luck.
fsbarren
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 192)

Postby ATLbraves » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:52 am

fsbarren wrote:I think those are pretty good keepers as-is. Not keeping Ortiz is OK, and a 9th round pick for him doesn't really offer any huge value anyway.

As for the trade, it kind of depends on where you guys pick in your respective rounds (you early in yours, he late in his, etc). I'd look at it by pick # rather than just rounds. The last round is irrelevant since it seems you would trade his 18th or your 17th anyway to keep Harper/Kipnis. I wouldn't keep Simmons over any of your current projected keepers.

Good luck.

I wouldn't have to keep Simmons over anyone, I can keep up to 7 people so he would just be my last keeper. It really would come down to him or Ortiz if I make the trade.

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby rjforlife » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:02 am

I don't like keeping Ortiz, especially in the 9th round. As for the trade, I like Simmons, but he really doesn't offer too much in the potential department. Bauer is going to take his lumps, but the Central isn't too tough a division for both offensive talent and ballparks, although Bauer's problems are mostly going to come from control issues. In the end, in a keeper like this, you have to take a shot on Bauer, his potential reward far surpasses that of Simmons.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 738)

Postby fsbarren » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:22 am

ATLbraves wrote:
fsbarren wrote:I think those are pretty good keepers as-is. Not keeping Ortiz is OK, and a 9th round pick for him doesn't really offer any huge value anyway.

Good luck.

I wouldn't have to keep Simmons over anyone, I can keep up to 7 people so he would just be my last keeper. It really would come down to him or Ortiz if I make the trade.

Gotcha, sorry I missed that. I think I agree with Bauer over Simmons then and both of them over Ortiz at this point (I still think Big Papi doesn't offer enough value with a 9th rd pick to warrant the risk). I also think you could find a better SS in a 12-team league at a reasonable price.
fsbarren
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 192)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions