Dynasty League Keeper Advice (Vote for 3 to cut) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Dynasty League Keeper Advice (Vote for 3 to cut)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which 3 should I cut?

Uggla
22%
Feliz
33%
Harrison
No votes
Fiers
28%
Burnett
17%

Total votes : 18

Dynasty League Keeper Advice (Vote for 3 to cut)

Postby allen730877 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:09 am

So by Monday I have to have my keeper list in. I am in a 12 team dynasty league. We keep 24 total players so I need to cut four players. Please vote in this poll which 4 to cut and explain why. (Please Vote for 4 players to cut)

Our Scoring is as follows...
Hitting - R, HR, RBI, SB, .AVG
Pitching - K's, Quality Starts, Saves, ERA, WHIP

If you would like to know more information please feel free to ask for it.
Last edited by allen730877 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
allen730877
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dynasty League (Vote which 4 to cut?)

Postby misterf » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:11 am

I would drop:

Feliz (injured)
Frieri (non-closing RP)
Burnett (old and already stats have been falling....not much left in tank)
Fiers

Fiers is the only tough call.....but with his low velocity, I question whether he can keep throwing k's...I expect a huge sophomore slump........and I think he has the lowest ceiling of the youngsters.

But you buy into Fiers, Hardy is the guy on the bubble....especially if you have a solid option as ss.

Help with mine?

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=454769
Last edited by misterf on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
misterf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 74)

Postby allen730877 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:20 am

I have Rollins at SS. I was thinking of dropping down to only have 2 bench hitters. This would involve me dropping 2 hitters and 2 pitchers. We can have max 12 starts per week.

Also Frieri has alot the ability to be a great closer. All that needs to happen is Madsen gets hurt. I am very hesitant to drop Frieri.
allen730877
College Coach
College Coach

Postby misterf » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:55 am

I hear you on Frieri....but I don't like the idea of holding onto guys who MIGHT get a closer jobs.

In a regular keeper league I hate the idea of keeping any closers.....but I understand dynasty leagues are different.

It depends on how many other closers you already have.....and just how easy (or hard) it is to find saves in the draft and/or waiver wire of your league.

If you are low on closers....... and saves are almost impossible to find in the draft and/or waiver wire in you like....then I get holding onto the guy.

But if you aren't scrounging for saves, I strongly consider dropping him and hoping to grab him back in the draft
misterf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby allen730877 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:24 am

misterf wrote:I hear you on Frieri....but I don't like the idea of holding onto guys who MIGHT get a closer jobs.

In a regular keeper league I hate the idea of keeping any closers.....but I understand dynasty leagues are different.

It depends on how many other closers you already have.....and just how easy (or hard) it is to find saves in the draft and/or waiver wire of your league.

If you are low on closers....... and saves are almost impossible to find in the draft and/or waiver wire in you like....then I get holding onto the guy.

But if you aren't scrounging for saves, I strongly consider dropping him and hoping to grab him back in the draft

Only closers I haver are Wilhelmsen, Grilli and the possibility of Rondon being closer I also grabbed him a while back. Only reason I question dropping Frieri is because he has solid stuff. I also do not believe Madson will hold up at all this season. Frieri is already slated to be the opening day closer because Madson is not ready yet. He plays for the Angels so he is going to get alot of save opp's. My thoughts on who I should drop would be Uggla, Hardy, Burnett and the last spot is kinda a toss up really. But I would like to see more comments/suggestions on my dilemma.
allen730877
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jnormy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:49 am

I voted Hardy, Feliz, Frieri, Burnett. Same reasons as others have stated for the last 3... and since you have Rollins, no need to include 2 shortstops among your initial keepers.

Thanks for the help with mine!
jnormy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Brainstorm » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:53 am

I def keep Frieri. Madson is already having issues with the elbow, and I don't know if he can be counted on. We saw what Frieri can do last year.

Fiers, Feliz and Burnett are definite drops. I guess I'd drop Hardy if you already have Rollins and he's just a bench player for you.
Brainstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 249)

Postby allen730877 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:11 pm

In my league we can have a total of 12 starts a week. Stats scored are ERA, WHIP, QS, SV's, and K's. I was thinking of stacking up on SP's and only have 2 bench hitters. My bench hitters currently are Uggla, Hardy, Moustakas and Eaton. I have 8 sp's if you include Skaggs who is competing for the 5th rotation spot.

My team

C - Santana
1B - Votto
2B - Phillips
3B - Zimmerman
SS - Rollins
OF (3) - McCutchen, Jones, Craig
Util (3) - Willingham, Rosario, Gomez
Bench Hitters - Moustakas, Uggla, Eaton

Pitchers - Garza, Zimmerman, Skaggs, Gonzalez, Harrison, Fiers, Burnett, Morrow
Relievers - Frieri, Wilhelmsen, Grilli, Rondon
Bench Pitcher - Feliz
Last edited by allen730877 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
allen730877
College Coach
College Coach

Postby misterf » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:20 pm

since you have rollins already at SS, and since you are short on closers, keeping Frieri and dropping Hardy instead probably does make the most sense in this case,

(though in general I would value Hardy above Friers.....but not by nearly enough to overcome the specific circumstances of your team)
misterf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby allen730877 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:49 pm

Looking to get more votes and opinions from others. Thanks.
allen730877
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions