20 Team Dyno Trade WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

20 Team Dyno Trade WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

20 Team Dyno Trade WHIR

Postby germani40 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:42 am

My team
C Mauer, Joe C,1B,RF - MIN 17.09 2016
1B Butler, Billy 1B - KC 18.66 2017
2B Altuve, Jose 2B - HOU 10.59 2017
3B Zimmerman, Ryan 3B - WAS 18.7 2016
SS Reyes, Jose SS - MIA 15.47 2016
LF Joyce, Matt LF,RF - TB 8.64 2016
CF Rios, Alex CF,RF - CHW 13.64 2017
RF Cain, Lorenzo CF,RF - KC 13.39 2017
UT Lee, Carlos 1B,LF - MIA/HOU 16.28 2017
Cabrera, Melky LF,RF - TOR .41 2013
Cain, Lorenzo CF,RF - KC 13.39 2017
Swihart, Blake C - BOS 0.41 2017
Davidson, Matt 3B - ARI 0.41 2017
Villanueva, Christian 3B - TEX 0.41 2017
Williams, Mason CF - NYY 0.41 2017
Bell, Josh RF - PIT 0.41 2017
P Chen, Wei-Yin P - BAL 0.41 2013
P Johnson, Josh P - MIA 18.47 2016
P Richards, Garrett P - LAA 0.41 2017
Chen, Bruce P - KC 0.43 2013
Eovaldi, Nathan P - LAD 4.53 2017
Tillman, Chris P - BAL 0.41 2013
Bradley, Jed P - MIL 0.41 2017
Gray, Sonny P - OAK 0.41 2017
Guerrieri, Taylor P - TB 0.41 2017
Jenkins, Tyrell P - STL 0.41 2017
Jungmann, Taylor P - MIL 0.41 2017
Norris, Daniel P - TOR 0.41 2017
Walker, Taijuan P - SEA 0.41 2017
Webster, Allen P - LAD 0.41 2017


I Give
Reyes 15.47 2016
Zimmerman 18.7 2016
Johnson 18.47 2016
Rios 13.64 2017
Cabera .41 2013

I Get
Trout .41 2016
Dee Gordon .41 2016
3rd overall pick (Beltre, Bautista, or EE to replace Zimmerman)

The deal frees up $103 in cap room for me. $178 total cap. The guys in the draft pool have pretty inflated salaries and I have a lot of picks. (1-15, 2-7, 2-14, 2-15,2-20, 3-15, 3-19, 4-15, 4-17, 5-15, after that every pick is the 15th pick of the round.

Draft Pool
Bautista
Beltre
EE
Granderson
Goldschmidt
Weeks
Phillips
CJ Wilson
Kuroda
Haren
Sale
Konerko
BJ Upton
Willingham
Swisher
germani40
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 696
(Past Year: 99)
Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 20 Team Dyno Trade WHIR

Postby VitoNY » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:19 pm

germani40 wrote:My team
C Mauer, Joe C,1B,RF - MIN 17.09 2016
1B Butler, Billy 1B - KC 18.66 2017
2B Altuve, Jose 2B - HOU 10.59 2017
3B Zimmerman, Ryan 3B - WAS 18.7 2016
SS Reyes, Jose SS - MIA 15.47 2016
LF Joyce, Matt LF,RF - TB 8.64 2016
CF Rios, Alex CF,RF - CHW 13.64 2017
RF Cain, Lorenzo CF,RF - KC 13.39 2017
UT Lee, Carlos 1B,LF - MIA/HOU 16.28 2017
Cabrera, Melky LF,RF - TOR .41 2013
Cain, Lorenzo CF,RF - KC 13.39 2017
Swihart, Blake C - BOS 0.41 2017
Davidson, Matt 3B - ARI 0.41 2017
Villanueva, Christian 3B - TEX 0.41 2017
Williams, Mason CF - NYY 0.41 2017
Bell, Josh RF - PIT 0.41 2017
P Chen, Wei-Yin P - BAL 0.41 2013
P Johnson, Josh P - MIA 18.47 2016
P Richards, Garrett P - LAA 0.41 2017
Chen, Bruce P - KC 0.43 2013
Eovaldi, Nathan P - LAD 4.53 2017
Tillman, Chris P - BAL 0.41 2013
Bradley, Jed P - MIL 0.41 2017
Gray, Sonny P - OAK 0.41 2017
Guerrieri, Taylor P - TB 0.41 2017
Jenkins, Tyrell P - STL 0.41 2017
Jungmann, Taylor P - MIL 0.41 2017
Norris, Daniel P - TOR 0.41 2017
Walker, Taijuan P - SEA 0.41 2017
Webster, Allen P - LAD 0.41 2017


I Give
Reyes 15.47 2016
Zimmerman 18.7 2016
Johnson 18.47 2016
Rios 13.64 2017
Cabera .41 2013

I Get
Trout .41 2016
Dee Gordon .41 2016
3rd overall pick (Beltre, Bautista, or EE to replace Zimmerman)

The deal frees up $103 in cap room for me. $178 total cap. The guys in the draft pool have pretty inflated salaries and I have a lot of picks. (1-15, 2-7, 2-14, 2-15,2-20, 3-15, 3-19, 4-15, 4-17, 5-15, after that every pick is the 15th pick of the round.

Draft Pool
Bautista
Beltre
EE
Granderson
Goldschmidt
Weeks
Phillips
CJ Wilson
Kuroda
Haren
Sale
Konerko
BJ Upton
Willingham
Swisher



It is hard to argue almost any deal right now that nets you Trout. However, that is a lot to give. You are losing your 2 best players, however, Reyes on turf scares me to death (and I just traded Chris Sale for him). I like the amount of money it frees up for you, which wlll allow you to do other things with your team. I do not know what positions or cats you play, but if I had a top 3 picks with those guys available I would still go Goldie even with the hole at 3B. I would fill that later, Goldie is going to be a great 1B for a lot of years and the rest of the guys are up there in age. I would look to fill 3B another way and draft Goldie if he is available.

As for the trade, its a tough pill to swallow, but you are getting what most believe to be a top 3 talent. I do not think that the HRs are sustainable for trout, but I think he can be a .300/20/60 guy which is unreal. Take McCutchen and add more steals! wow.
VitoNY
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 24
Joined: 19 Jan 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 20 Team Dyno Trade WHIR

Postby germani40 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:26 pm

VitoNY wrote:
germani40 wrote:My team
C Mauer, Joe C,1B,RF - MIN 17.09 2016
1B Butler, Billy 1B - KC 18.66 2017
2B Altuve, Jose 2B - HOU 10.59 2017
3B Zimmerman, Ryan 3B - WAS 18.7 2016
SS Reyes, Jose SS - MIA 15.47 2016
LF Joyce, Matt LF,RF - TB 8.64 2016
CF Rios, Alex CF,RF - CHW 13.64 2017
RF Cain, Lorenzo CF,RF - KC 13.39 2017
UT Lee, Carlos 1B,LF - MIA/HOU 16.28 2017
Cabrera, Melky LF,RF - TOR .41 2013
Cain, Lorenzo CF,RF - KC 13.39 2017
Swihart, Blake C - BOS 0.41 2017
Davidson, Matt 3B - ARI 0.41 2017
Villanueva, Christian 3B - TEX 0.41 2017
Williams, Mason CF - NYY 0.41 2017
Bell, Josh RF - PIT 0.41 2017
P Chen, Wei-Yin P - BAL 0.41 2013
P Johnson, Josh P - MIA 18.47 2016
P Richards, Garrett P - LAA 0.41 2017
Chen, Bruce P - KC 0.43 2013
Eovaldi, Nathan P - LAD 4.53 2017
Tillman, Chris P - BAL 0.41 2013
Bradley, Jed P - MIL 0.41 2017
Gray, Sonny P - OAK 0.41 2017
Guerrieri, Taylor P - TB 0.41 2017
Jenkins, Tyrell P - STL 0.41 2017
Jungmann, Taylor P - MIL 0.41 2017
Norris, Daniel P - TOR 0.41 2017
Walker, Taijuan P - SEA 0.41 2017
Webster, Allen P - LAD 0.41 2017


I Give
Reyes 15.47 2016
Zimmerman 18.7 2016
Johnson 18.47 2016
Rios 13.64 2017
Cabera .41 2013

I Get
Trout .41 2016
Dee Gordon .41 2016
3rd overall pick (Beltre, Bautista, or EE to replace Zimmerman)

The deal frees up $103 in cap room for me. $178 total cap. The guys in the draft pool have pretty inflated salaries and I have a lot of picks. (1-15, 2-7, 2-14, 2-15,2-20, 3-15, 3-19, 4-15, 4-17, 5-15, after that every pick is the 15th pick of the round.

Draft Pool
Bautista
Beltre
EE
Granderson
Goldschmidt
Weeks
Phillips
CJ Wilson
Kuroda
Haren
Sale
Konerko
BJ Upton
Willingham
Swisher



It is hard to argue almost any deal right now that nets you Trout. However, that is a lot to give. You are losing your 2 best players, however, Reyes on turf scares me to death (and I just traded Chris Sale for him). I like the amount of money it frees up for you, which wlll allow you to do other things with your team. I do not know what positions or cats you play, but if I had a top 3 picks with those guys available I would still go Goldie even with the hole at 3B. I would fill that later, Goldie is going to be a great 1B for a lot of years and the rest of the guys are up there in age. I would look to fill 3B another way and draft Goldie if he is available.

As for the trade, its a tough pill to swallow, but you are getting what most believe to be a top 3 talent. I do not think that the HRs are sustainable for trout, but I think he can be a .300/20/60 guy which is unreal. Take McCutchen and add more steals! wow.



We start all 8 fielders and a util spot. It is points based scoring just about anything and everything that can be scored is scored. Basics are .25 per rbi, run, total base, steals, anything positive. Pitching no points can be gained only lost. Goal is to lose the least amount.
Keep
C Napoli
1 Butler/Davis/Hosmer/Dunn
2 Young/Utley/Zobrist
3 Moustakas
SS Bonifacio/E Cabrera
OF Grandy/Choo/Reddick/Kubel
SP Anderson/C Lee/Oswalt
Haren/Moore/A Sanchez
RP Soriano/Myers/Johnson/Aceves/Parnell
germani40
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 696
(Past Year: 99)
Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 20 Team Dyno Trade WHIR

Postby SoCal87 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:34 pm

I wouldn't do it. For a 20 team league your infield is great, I wouldn't wanna mess with that.

If you do go through with it though, keep this in mind, EE only started one game at 3B last season and Bautista didn't start at 3B at all, so likely both will not have 3B eligibility on most fantasy sites. So if you're thinking about doing this trade and then finding a 3B replacement through the draft, unless Beltre falls to you you're going to have a tough time.
Image
SoCal87
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 46
Joined: 3 Sep 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 20 Team Dyno Trade WHIR

Postby germani40 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:39 pm

SoCal87 wrote:I wouldn't do it. For a 20 team league your infield is great, I wouldn't wanna mess with that.

If you do go through with it though, keep this in mind, EE only started one game at 3B last season and Bautista didn't start at 3B at all, so likely both will not have 3B eligibility on most fantasy sites. So if you're thinking about doing this trade and then finding a 3B replacement through the draft, unless Beltre falls to you you're going to have a tough time.


In our league you only need 1 game played at a position to get eligibility for the next year
germani40
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 696
(Past Year: 99)
Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 20 Team Dyno Trade WHIR

Postby SoCal87 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:57 pm

germani40 wrote:
SoCal87 wrote:I wouldn't do it. For a 20 team league your infield is great, I wouldn't wanna mess with that.

If you do go through with it though, keep this in mind, EE only started one game at 3B last season and Bautista didn't start at 3B at all, so likely both will not have 3B eligibility on most fantasy sites. So if you're thinking about doing this trade and then finding a 3B replacement through the draft, unless Beltre falls to you you're going to have a tough time.


In our league you only need 1 game played at a position to get eligibility for the next year


Ok then, I'll probably do it now since good shot you'll get one of those 3B and they should match whatever stats Zimm puts up and after reading pitching doesn't score you points.
Image
SoCal87
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 46
Joined: 3 Sep 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 20 Team Dyno Trade WHIR

Postby Darizzo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:17 pm

I'd have to agree with the others and tell you to do that deal.
Darizzo
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 10
Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 20 Team Dyno Trade WHIR

Postby chargerss24 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:23 am

I agree with the other posters, this is a pretty solid deal for you. Pull the trigger. ;-D

Thanks for your help!
C-Doumit, Salty
1B- Fielder
2B-Pedroia
SS-Reyes
3B-Longoria
CI- Morneau
MI- Kipnis
OF- Myers Jennings Heyward
U- Ellsbury, B. Upton, Bruce

SP-Price Fernandez Miller Wheeler, Kluber
RP-Grilli, Farquhar, Crow, Veras
chargerss24
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1618
(Past Year: 43)
Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Playing on the Field of Dreams

Re: 20 Team Dyno Trade WHIR

Postby Element » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:41 pm

I would probably prefer to remove Rios from the situation. That's quite a price to pay. In the end I would probably still do it. :-D
Image
Element
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4909
(Past Year: 767)
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Aug. 29
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Minnesota at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Miami at Atlanta
(7:35 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Colorado at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Oakland at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
Washington at Seattle
(10:10 pm)
Milwaukee at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact