Live Free or DyNasty Constitution

League Format
  • Provider: Yahoo!
  • Teams: 12
  • Scoring: Head-to-Head
  • New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo! adds them
  • Max Moves: No maximum
  • In-season Trades: No maximum; Reviewed by commissioner; 2 day reject time
  • Off-season Trades: 5 day waiting period; 6 nay votes out of 10 total votes required for veto
  • Minimum Innings Pitched: 20
  • Playoffs: 6 Teams, Weeks 23, 24, 25
  • Trade Deadline: Yahoo default (mid August); Trading may resume after playoffs are completed.
  • Waiver: 2 days waiting period
  • New Players Become Available: Wait until called up to Majors
  • Waiver Priority: Carries over from previous season (Remember to set before season starts)

Waiver priorities from 2014 year end:
Team Waiver Priority
Thracken 1
Cougs 2
The Mighty Mollusks 3
][\/][ 4
Big Lebowski 5
Jake_Harv88 6
Third Day 7
sportsguy138 8
AFF 9
Bwanna 10
Omaha 11
Smoove's THUGS! 12

Major League Roster
  • Size: 30 (not including DL)
  • Hitting (11): C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, OF, UT, UT
  • Pitching (9): SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, P
  • Bench: 10
  • DL: 4
  • Position Eligibility: Determined by Yahoo!
  • Roster changes: Daily
  • In-season can't cut list: None

Roster Freeze Date
  • Final rosters due each year: March 1[added Feb. 2011]

Farm Roster:
  • Size: Unlimited
  • Eligibility: Must meet MLB rookie requirements (< or = 130 AB; < or = 50 IP) at the beginning of each season

Minor League Draft
  • When: Held before each season beginning on the second Monday in February
  • Length: 5 rounds
  • Order: Snake in order of worst to first of regular season standings
  • Draft picks are allowed to be traded, but no supplemental picks will be given at the end of the draft for traded picks
  • Drafted players must meet MLB rookie eligibility and must be signed by an MLB team

In-Season Farm Pickups
  • Each owner has 5 MiLB 'pickups' that they may use during the current season. Pickups may be traded. [updated Oct. 2011 - Added that they may be traded]
  • Players must be added via the regular Yahoo add/drop procedures, i.e., they must be in the Yahoo database before they can be picked up (the Yahoo league setting for 'New Players Become Available' is 'Wait until called up to Majors').
  • Players must be rookie-eligible when they are picked up (< or = 130 AB; < or = 50 IP).
  • Pick ups must be announced after they are dropped (demoted), and before they clear waivers.
  • Example announcement: "Using my #2 pick, sending Strasburg to the farm"

Farm Movement
  • A farm player may be promoted as soon as he is available in the Yahoo database by adding him to your active roster and (if necessary) dropping or demoting another player.
  • A farm player can be demoted to an owner's farm by simply dropping him via Yahoo add/drop -- no announcement is necessary.
  • A farm player may be promoted and demoted for the entire season if he was on a farm roster to begin the season, or was acquired via an in-season farm pick.
Last edited by Bwanna on Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:31 pm, edited 8 times in total.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 243)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: League Constitution

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:23 pm

Bwanna wrote:. Players must be added via the regular Yahoo add/drop procedures, i.e., they must be in the Yahoo database before they can be picked up. (Need to revisit this prior to 2010 season since Yahoo is adding prospects to the database earlier than they did in the initial season. We may want to enforce only allowing players to be picked up after they have been promoted to their parent MLB team.)

Looks like there's an option to disable the picking up of these players until they officially get the call (noticed it in the rules of the experts' challenge league when I joined yesterday) ;-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bwanna » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:26 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
Bwanna wrote:. Players must be added via the regular Yahoo add/drop procedures, i.e., they must be in the Yahoo database before they can be picked up. (Need to revisit this prior to 2010 season since Yahoo is adding prospects to the database earlier than they did in the initial season. We may want to enforce only allowing players to be picked up after they have been promoted to their parent MLB team.)

Looks like there's an option to disable the picking up of these players until they officially get the call (noticed it in the rules of the experts' challenge league when I joined yesterday) ;-D

Yup. Probably something we need to discuss and vote on? Currently, they just have to be in Yahoo's db before they can be picked up.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:26 am

Bwanna wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:

Yup. Probably something we need to discuss and vote on? Currently, they just have to be in Yahoo's db before they can be picked up.

Yeah, let's put up a poll and go with majority rule (I can tell you right now that I vote for wait til they get the call unless you drafted them) ;-D
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby rookies and cream » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:07 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
Bwanna wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:

Yeah, let's put up a poll and go with majority rule (I can tell you right now that I vote for wait til they get the call unless you drafted them) ;-D

I believe we already did an informal poll in our league chat thread, and we voted to disable pick ups until players are called up. Let's just go with this...
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 45)

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:11 pm

rookies and cream wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:
Bwanna wrote:

I believe we already did an informal poll in our league chat thread, and we voted to disable pick ups until players are called up. Let's just go with this...

I don't know why that just showed up as new, cause I said that like 2 weeks ago, but I agree completely ;-D
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:32 pm

Updated formatting and formally added roster freeze date of March 1 for this year and subsequent ones (apparently we never updated it, just talked about/decided in the League Chat). ;-D
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Restrict number of moves per week?

Postby Bwanna » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:33 am

In order to limit streaming, but still allow farm movement, I propose we limit the number of acquisitions week to 3 or 4 starting after this week. Considering I make the most moves during the season anyway, this probably won't affect anyone but me.

Thoughts?
[reg season/playoffs]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Poll: Pickups limit for 2013 and beyond?

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:12 am

Should there be a consistent weekly pickup limit added to the constitution for the 2013 season and beyond?

If this measure passes, there will be a poll to determine an appropriate number of weekly pickups.
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Poll: Positions to add for 2013 and beyond?

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:18 am

As per conversations from past years and this year's league Chat, what positions should be add this season?

We are looking to add 1-2 OF spots, MI, 2 P and a bench spot in the next two years. Select as many options as you like ;-D
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Next

Return to Live Free or DyNasty