The Waiver Wire Is My Bench - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Beginner's Forum

The Waiver Wire Is My Bench

The Waiver Wire Is My Bench

Postby Neld » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:11 pm

1st post. Sorry if this has been covered before.

In a H2H 8 team league which means there is always some decent talent on the wire.

I have adopted a method of rotating some roster spots on a daily basis based on the MLB schedule. Every day I drop 2 SP for 2 SP that are starting the next day. I also watch my offensive players to keep up with off days and try to field as many players as I can without compromising my core talent.

This backfires sometimes ( 0 for 0 counts better than 0 for 5) but for the most part I see it as an advantage, especially in the Wins and K categories.

My question is: Is this considered "Cheap" "Underhanded" or "Unsportsmanlike"?

No one in the league has said anything and maybe it's a stupid way to run a team and no one cares. Just curious what the general consensus is.
Neld
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The Waiver Wire Is My Bench

Postby HIMYMlegend » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:46 am

This is definitely legal per the rules of the league. However, some new unskilled people might consider it cheap. Last year, I was in a fantasy baseball league (for the first time in 6 years) with some new/unexperienced guys and they weren't a fan of me streaming SP. At the same time, the rules are fair for everyone and anyone can stream. Streaming can be avoided if a league has more teams, more players on each team, or a cap on number of acquisitions in a week or innings pitched limits.

8 team leagues are STREAM CITY! Keep streaming away - especially with SP to win K's and Wins and Save/Holds. Streaming with batters is more risky due to the 0-5 possibility with just a good hitter instead of your normal great hitters. At the same time, it gives you extra chance for more runs, RBIs, HRs, and SBs. So it's worth it as long as the hitter is good and playing in a good matchup vs a bad pitcher.
HIMYMlegend
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Neld » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:06 pm

HAHA...."Streaming"?

I didn't know there was a name for it. I just thought it made sense but since no one else was doing it I thought there must be something wrong with it.

Thanks for your reply legend!

I had all but given up on this thread.

I'll continue to "stream" my SP as long as it's successful, and it has been so far.
Neld
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby yourgodsdice » Sun May 05, 2013 1:38 pm

Streaming is a great strategy, depending on what league you're in. If you're in a league where ratios are important or are in a league with inning/game limits, then streaming isn't a good option generally. If not, then by all means do it because that is how you win those leagues.
yourgodsdice
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Return to Beginner's Forum