Taking over 2nd year Yahoo League: transfer teams? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Taking over 2nd year Yahoo League: transfer teams?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Taking over 2nd year Yahoo League: transfer teams?

Postby exm » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:52 am

Hi,

I was the co-comm for the 1st year in a 20 player H2H Yahoo Keeper league (keeping 9). The original comm has disappeared, so owners asked me to reopene the league which I did as a first time commish. Here's what I did:
- Go to 'Create a League'
- Select 'Copy Settings from another league' and select the league of the previous year

So far, so good. The league is open and 11 out of 20 previous managers have rejoined. At this point I am getting replacement managers (I found already a few) and have them take over 'abandoned teams', so they can select keepers, etc. I can send invites, but I can't find how to assign them to teams (transfer I assume?)

I found a couple of links, for example here: http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=con ... sions=true
It states:
Under the "Keeper Management" section, click on the Edit Keeper Settings link.
Click the check box labeled Yes, enable Keeper League Management tools.

I don't see a Keeper Management section. I only see Draft, Team, League Management.

Any thoughts? Much appreciated!
exm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 76)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Taking over 2nd year Yahoo League: transfer teams?

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:57 pm

exm wrote:Hi,

I was the co-comm for the 1st year in a 20 player H2H Yahoo Keeper league (keeping 9). The original comm has disappeared, so owners asked me to reopene the league which I did as a first time commish. Here's what I did:
- Select 'Copy Settings from another league' and select the league of the previous year

So far, so good. The league is open and 11 out of 20 previous managers have rejoined. At this point I am getting replacement managers (I found already a few) and have them take over 'abandoned teams', so they can select keepers, etc. I can send invites, but I can't find how to assign them to teams (transfer I assume?)

I found a couple of links, for example here: http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=con ... sions=true
It states:

I don't see a Keeper Management section. I only see Draft, Team, League Management.

Hey... so this is likely not going to work as you'd hope. For most of the keeper management stuff to work nicely, you really need to renew the previous league. Just creating a new league and copying the settings won't do the trick. We added a few features to try to help with this dilemma; the ability to transfer commissioner, and to do so in the offseason, for example. But if your previous commish has absolutely vanished, that won't help you either. I'd recommend contacting customer care through the help pages to see if they can transfer the commissionership of the previous league to you. If so, you can renew it and things will go much more like you're hoping.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 60)

Postby exm » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:10 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:

It states:

Hey... so this is likely not going to work as you'd hope. For most of the keeper management stuff to work nicely, you really need to renew the previous league. Just creating a new league and copying the settings won't do the trick. We added a few features to try to help with this dilemma; the ability to transfer commissioner, and to do so in the offseason, for example. But if your previous commish has absolutely vanished, that won't help you either. I'd recommend contacting customer care through the help pages to see if they can transfer the commissionership of the previous league to you. If so, you can renew it and things will go much more like you're hoping.

Thank you. I was co-commish last year, so that doesn't help? Worse case is if I manually have to assign keepers, correct? What would customer service be able to do for me, now that the leaugue is open and almost full? Thanks again!
exm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:13 pm

exm wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:

It states:

Thank you. I was co-commish last year, so that doesn't help? Worse case is if I manually have to assign keepers, correct? What would customer service be able to do for me, now that the leaugue is open and almost full? Thanks again!

So if you don't want to have people have to rejoin the league, then it limits your options. You could still use the custom draft order tool to slot in keeper players, but you wouldn't be able to declare keepers within the game; you'd need to do it offline somehow (since we wouldn't be able to show teams their rosters).

If you were willing to have people re-join, the main thing customer care might be able to help you with is making you the primary commish of the previous league so you could renew it. I'm pretty certain a co-commish cannot renew.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby exm » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:34 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:If you were willing to have people re-join, the main thing customer care might be able to help you with is making you the primary commish of the previous league so you could renew it. I'm pretty certain a co-commish cannot renew.

I understand now. There's a difference between renewing a league and creating a new like using the 'create like'. I've send an email to Yahoo to see if they can correct it. Worse case scenario is that:
- I manually have to assign keepers just this year
- Renew the old league if Yahoo fixes this for me, and ask everyone to rejoin the 'old league' and abandon the one I created

Are those kind of my options?
exm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:57 pm

exm wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:If you were willing to have people re-join, the main thing customer care might be able to help you with is making you the primary commish of the previous league so you could renew it. I'm pretty certain a co-commish cannot renew.

I understand now. There's a difference between renewing a league and creating a new like using the 'create like'. I've send an email to Yahoo to see if they can correct it. Worse case scenario is that:
- I manually have to assign keepers just this year
- Renew the old league if Yahoo fixes this for me, and ask everyone to rejoin the 'old league' and abandon the one I created

Are those kind of my options?

Yup. When you "copy" a league, all we do is copy all the settings. When you renew a league, we pull forward the settings, but also the teams. We facilitate bringing back the same managers, and if they come back, we import their team settings. If they don't, we give you the ability to invite new people to take over the old teams, or to delete the old team and add a brand new one. We tie teams together from year to year ("franchises"); that is important for things like us taking part in the keeper process.

Hope that helps clear things up.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Eric21ND » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:48 am

I would start from scratch, but that's just me.
Eric21ND
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby exm » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:45 pm

Eric21ND wrote:I would start from scratch, but that's just me.

I contacted Yahoo about a week ago, but they never got back to me. As of now, I'm manually keeping track of keepers and will assign them manually. Shouldn't take me longer than 1-2 hours and then I'm all set.
exm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Commissioner's Corner