Couple of New Sigs - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Couple of New Sigs

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Couple of New Sigs

Postby rookies and cream » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:04 am

What do you guys think? Trying to distract myself from the failure of my Mets...

Last edited by rookies and cream on Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 46)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Johan Sig

Postby Neato Torpedo » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:36 am

That's really good but it needs a little minor tweaking IMO.

1. I'd make it so only the ball glows and not Johan's hand
2. I'd make the Johan face in the background a bit bigger and a bit more opaque
3. I'd make more room for his name, use a clearer font, and make it stick out more (color change? glow? etc)
4. I'd get some more going on in the background, it's a bit too plain for my taste.

But then again, I'm new at this, so take it as you will lol.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Re: Couple of New Sigs

Postby rookies and cream » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:16 pm

Here's my latest...

rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:00 pm

in the johan one, i think the mets logo and johans face are kinda meshing too much and one of them needs have the opacity lowered or move them so they don't overlap as much

the biggest complaint i have with the weiters one is the pictures that you used dont really seem to work well in a sig, though i guess that could just be personal preference. his arms look kind of awkward and i was really confused as to what was going on when i first saw it. also i think you should erase the part of the shiny ball effect thats in front of the glove, to add a bit of depth. the faded pic doesnt really work all that well either imo, i like to have more of an action shot or have the face show some sort of emotion rather than a profile pic where hes just staring.

i do like the text in both of them quite a bit and both are huge improvement over what i've seen of yours in the past
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 811)

Postby rookies and cream » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:36 pm

Thanks for the comments GF (and NT before). It was tough to find good pics of Wieters since he hasn't yet played for the big club. I really like the action picture I used, though I agree with what you are saying about the arms.

I erased the shiny ball effect in front of the glove. Here's the latest version...

As for the faded pic, I wanted to use a pic that had a good clean face shot since most people probably don't even know what Wieters looks like. Unfortunately, there aren't many out there.
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:43 pm

rookies and cream wrote:Thanks for the comments GF (and NT before). It was tough to find good pics of Wieters since he hasn't yet played for the big club. I really like the action picture I used, though I agree with what you are saying about the arms.

I erased the shiny ball effect in front of the glove. Here's the latest version...

As for the faded pic, I wanted to use a pic that had a good clean face shot since most people probably don't even know what Wieters looks like. Unfortunately, there aren't many out there.

ya i've run into that problem quite a bit, once in awhile you'll find a good one on google image search, otherwise i've had pretty good success using flicker. also i didn't really mean to say the main picture of wieters wasnt a good choice, more of that the cropping is kind of awkward.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 811)

Postby rookies and cream » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:02 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
rookies and cream wrote:Thanks for the comments GF (and NT before). It was tough to find good pics of Wieters since he hasn't yet played for the big club. I really like the action picture I used, though I agree with what you are saying about the arms.

ya i've run into that problem quite a bit, once in awhile you'll find a good one on google image search, otherwise i've had pretty good success using flicker. also i didn't really mean to say the main picture of wieters wasnt a good choice, more of that the cropping is kind of awkward.

I found both on Google image search, though the still shot is actually a flicker photo. Thanks for the comments.
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:12 pm

to really make this sig worlds better, you need to add some extra lighting on the action shot of wieters.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)

Postby rookies and cream » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:24 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:to really make this sig worlds better, you need to add some extra lighting on the action shot of wieters.

Where exactly do you think extra lighting is needed?
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby rookies and cream » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:03 am

Do you guys like this theme better? If so, I will refine it a bit more. Snakes, I tried to put a bit more lighting on the action shot. Is this what you had in mind??

rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Contests and Showing Off