Using N/A Spots for next season - Vote Please - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Killer Crossover Keeper League

Using N/A Spots for next season - Vote Please

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Baseball Moderators

Using N/A Spots for next season - Vote Please

Postby silentjim » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:46 am

Mentioned this in the commentary thread, but let's go ahead and get a vote on this now to see if anyone is interested in doing this.

Would you like to take advantage of Yahoo's new N/A position which would allow you to carry a player with the N/A distinction similar to the DL slot we currently use? If so would you like to utilize one or two?

Keep in mind, just like DL, you don't have to use it if you don't want to (though I'm not sure why you wouldn't). I assume just like the DL once a player is no longer N/A you wouldn't be allowed to make roster moves which would mean you'd need to drop someone or them and so forth. We'd still keep 7 players from season to season with the same keeper limits. I'd like to implement this in the offseason after this full season so that in the draft next season people could plan accordingly.

If you'd post a comment with your thoughts on implementing or not with the number you'd like I'd appreciate it. ;-D
silentjim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Basketball Mod
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Using N/A Spots for next season - Vote Please

Postby silentjim » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:49 am

I'll vote for using the N/A roster position and would like to add 1 for next season.
silentjim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Basketball Mod

Postby The Thrill » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:28 am

I vote yes (for 1 N/A spot in 2014). And I agree, we should not start it this season (2013), but rather during next season's draft so that everyone knows they'll be allowed to stick a player on N/A in 2014.

(Would we expand the draft one round then next season?)
The Thrill
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby silentjim » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:16 pm

The Thrill wrote:(Would we expand the draft one round then next season?)

My initial thought was no, but clearly I'm open to anything. We don't do that with the DL and though they are different its the same concept. Plus what would happen if during the draft a team didn't draft an N/A player or there N/A player became active. Seems too cumbersome to handle it that way logistically. Otherwise we could just add another bench spot (which I don't like as much as having an N/A slot.
silentjim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Basketball Mod

Postby Laubster » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:43 pm

I would be good with the 1 idea , good for stashing those possible may call ups
Laubster
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 76)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Thrill » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:51 pm

silentjim wrote:
The Thrill wrote:(Would we expand the draft one round then next season?)

My initial thought was no, but clearly I'm open to anything. We don't do that with the DL and though they are different its the same concept. Plus what would happen if during the draft a team didn't draft an N/A player or there N/A player became active. Seems too cumbersome to handle it that way logistically. Otherwise we could just add another bench spot (which I don't like as much as having an N/A slot.

Ok, right. Yeah, that makes sense not to expand the draft one round.
The Thrill
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby ggs » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:17 pm

I'm fine with adding 1 NA spot. With only 7 keepers I'm not sure it makes a huge difference anyway, but all the more power to you if you want to stash a guy for half a season. At least it will keep managers more active in the FA pool which is always a good thing. Seems like everyone's fishing for the next Trout, and if this helps managers in the guessing game by all means go right ahead.
ggs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 116)

Postby jphanned » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:52 pm

I vote no, and that's as someone who would theoretically benefit having drafted Profar. I'd rather just do a minor league draft of sorts instead. If you want to stash a highly-touted prospect for the future, that's your choice/decision, and you should assume the risk that comes with it. I also like the risk/reward aspect that comes with figuring out how early in the draft to take these prospects to stash. Also - this a ROTO league, so a short bench matters a lot less.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Basketball Mod
(Past Year: 21)

Postby silentjim » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:08 pm

Rounders Block wrote:I vote no, and that's as someone who would theoretically benefit having drafted Profar. I'd rather just do a minor league draft of sorts instead. If you want to stash a highly-touted prospect for the future, that's your choice/decision, and you should assume the risk that comes with it. I also like the risk/reward aspect that comes with figuring out how early in the draft to take these prospects to stash. Also - this a ROTO league, so a short bench matters a lot less.

Great points.
silentjim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Basketball Mod

Postby Fenris-77 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:22 pm

I'm not sure we need it really. I'm with RB on the opportunity cost of drafting guys whom you expect to start in the minors, and I'm fine with that. As he mentioned, this is a roto league, so using up a bench slot on a prospect isn't really a big deal. I think it might start to matter if we carried an N/A keeper slot in addition to our current seven, but since that isn't on the table I think it's probably not that big a deal. I'd be ok with it if it was an additional roster spot I suppose, but not otherwise. I'm still voting no, but I won't be heart-broken if it goes through. If the question becomes about a 8th keeper slot that's N/A only then I'm all in.
Fenris-77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 51)

Next

Return to Killer Crossover Keeper League