Yahoo Autodraft question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Frequently Asked Fantasy Questions

Yahoo Autodraft question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo Autodraft question

Postby osbtensor » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:05 pm

In one of my leagues the commish is doing auto-draft this year.. I don't really care for it, but whatever. It's not a huge deal... But I do have a question about how Yahoo does the auto-picking for me, hope someone can help me out.

We have two utility spots and my question is whether or not yahoo waits until regular positions are filled before filling those two util spots.

Example: I get Pujols in the 1st round. When the my turn in the second round comes up my top rated player is Mark Teixeira. Will yahoo skip tex and go to the next highest ranked player at a position i have not filled or will it snatch up tex and fill a util spot?

If yahoo fills the util spots just like regular starting positions, then it's possible (unlikely, but possible) that I could get three of the same position by the end of the third round.

Thanks for any help.

Oh and if you're only going to respond with a "quit the league because auto-draft sucks"-type comment... do us all a favor and don't; nobody cares.
osbtensor
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo Autodraft question

Postby wampa23 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:00 am

Yahoo auto-draft will not wait to fill those spots.

In fact, I think auto draft is broken this season. I just auto-drafted a team, and it only filled 2/9 pitcher spots, 0 Cs, 0 3Bs, and 13 OFs for 3 spots ...
wampa23
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Frequently Asked Fantasy Questions