Game of Thrones (no book spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Game of Thrones (no book spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Game of Thrones (no book spoilers)

Postby bleach168 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:14 pm

Though the TV show has really diverged from the book in some cases, be careful about spoilers.

Good episode 4. Finished on a high note. Looking forward to The Hound vs. Beric Dondarrion next week.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Game of Thrones (no book spoilers)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:46 pm

Definitely the best episode of the season so far and possibly one of the best of the series. I love it when Daenerys just ruins shit.

Also if anyone puts a book spoiler or preview spoiler in this thread I will personally go through and mark every one of your posts as unfriendly.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 430)

Postby mweir145 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:20 pm

Varys is awesome. His scene with the box reveal at the end was probably the best from this season until, well, the last scene there with Daenerys.

Also, I have no idea what's going on with Theon. But things do seem to be getting worse every week.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby mweir145 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:20 pm

bleach168 wrote:Looking forward to The Hound vs. Beric Dondarrion next week.

Seems like a bad call by that guy to fight The Hound. Might just have some trouble there.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:26 pm

That episode was the best since Blackwater. All the important scenes that figured to feature in it delivered well. Most of the characters are moving in the right direction, and I'm particularly liking Jaime/Brienne's dynamic and Theon's storyline as well.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 676)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:07 am

I watched the Season Premiere for Season 3 and just found myself tired of the show. I wasn't a big fan of Season 2 and found myself watching it just cause. Haven't watched any episodes since the S3 Premiere. It's getting better?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:06 pm

bigh0rt wrote:I watched the Season Premiere for Season 3 and just found myself tired of the show. I wasn't a big fan of Season 2 and found myself watching it just cause. Haven't watched any episodes since the S3 Premiere. It's getting better?

You're bad at tv.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:56 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:I watched the Season Premiere for Season 3 and just found myself tired of the show. I wasn't a big fan of Season 2 and found myself watching it just cause. Haven't watched any episodes since the S3 Premiere. It's getting better?

You're bad at tv.

Well, I really loved Season 1. Watched the entire thing On Demand on a long weekend. But I felt like I had to labor through Season 2 until the end, and I just have no enthusiasm for Season 3 at all. The show is boring. It doesn't keep my interest, which is a pretty easy thing to do really. If it gets better then I'll work on catching up, but if not, then I'm at the point where I'm actually cool with abandoning a show, which I very rarely do once I invest time into it (See: Dexter, despite last season being dreadful).
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:25 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Well, I really loved Season 1. Watched the entire thing On Demand on a long weekend. But I felt like I had to labor through Season 2 until the end, and I just have no enthusiasm for Season 3 at all. The show is boring. It doesn't keep my interest, which is a pretty easy thing to do really. If it gets better then I'll work on catching up, but if not, then I'm at the point where I'm actually cool with abandoning a show, which I very rarely do once I invest time into it (See: Dexter, despite last season being dreadful).

If you survived season 6 of Dexter (which was just horrendously bad), then I have no clue how you could even consider giving up on Game of Thrones. There hasn't been a single episode of Game of Thrones worse than the best episode of Dexter from that season.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:39 pm

Yes.

You probably found Season 2 to be more confusing as it introduces more characters and storylines in parallel. If that's the case, Season 3 will remain a bit complicated. Some scenes here and there feel rushed or a couple of scenes feel rather pointless. Aside from that, the character development is spot on, and the plot is moving along nicely.

The payoff is going to be very good this season and next. Keep watching.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 676)

Next

Return to General Talk