Breaking Bad - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Breaking Bad

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Breaking Bad

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:51 pm

I know some of you watch it. I watched the first two seasons over the summer and loved it. Season 3 premiere in 10 minutes! ;-D
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Breaking Bad

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:06 am

one of the best shows on TV...i'll catch it tonight
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby AquaMan2342 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:06 pm

I want to hate Skyler because of how ridiculous she seems to act, but that's only because we are given Walt's side of the story. I guess if I found out my husband was manufacturing drugs I'd probably want to leave him too.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:12 pm

i still hate her...i hated her in Deadwood too

premiere was OK, did a good job establishing what this season will be about so i'm cool with that. WTF was up with the people crawling though :-?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:15 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i still hate her...i hated her in Deadwood too

premiere was OK, did a good job establishing what this season will be about so i'm cool with that. WTF was up with the people crawling though :-?

Yeah, that was weird, and I hope they don't show that every episode until the end like they did with the plane crash debris last year.

Walt's speech at the school was interesting. :-b

I also want to hate Skyler but from her point of view he has been lying to her for however long the show has spanned, and only now told her the truth, which is that he manufactures drugs, so you definitely can't argue with her reasons.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AquaMan2342 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:03 pm

So you hate Anna Gunn as an actress? Or just on BB?

Yeah totally didn't understand the crawling thing. I've come to expect odd stuff like that though given how they have begun episodes in the past. The premiere, as Dan said, was meh....but also like you said it did a solid job of setting the table, which is the primary role of the first episode of the season. Cranston has said that Walt really turns bad this season so it should be interesting to see how it pans out.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:14 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:

So you hate Anna Gunn as an actress? Or just on BB?

Yeah totally didn't understand the crawling thing. I've come to expect odd stuff like that though given how they have begun episodes in the past. The premiere, as Dan said, was meh....but also like you said it did a solid job of setting the table, which is the primary role of the first episode of the season. Cranston has said that Walt really turns bad this season so it should be interesting to see how it pans out.

yeah i think it's some combination of her acting and the roles she plays...also if she was hotter i probably would like Skyler more :-b
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:19 am

I just watched the first two episodes of season three last night. I doubt they go back to the crawling people. The man in the first few frames of a the premiere was likely dying and crawling to a shrine to Santa Muerte. I'm guessing everyone else began crawling along with him as some form of procession. She's basically the patron saint of the cartels and can be asked to kill people or protect from violent death. I doubt they go back to it, but who knows. I'm more interested in how how the twins found the one farm with clothes on the line that happen to fit them, even though the guy is easily 4 inches shorter and 60lbs lighter.

Sal is a great character, glad to see him back for season three. Next episode looks like a doozie.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:57 am

Art Vandelay wrote:I just watched the first two episodes of season three last night. I doubt they go back to the crawling people. The man in the first few frames of a the premiere was likely dying and crawling to a shrine to Santa Muerte. I'm guessing everyone else began crawling along with him as some form of procession. She's basically the patron saint of the cartels and can be asked to kill people or protect from violent death. I doubt they go back to it, but who knows. I'm more interested in how how the twins found the one farm with clothes on the line that happen to fit them, even though the guy is easily 4 inches shorter and 60lbs lighter.

Sal is a great character, glad to see him back for season three. Next episode looks like a doozie.

Yeah after the second episode I don't see them going back to it since the twins have quickly been worked into the main storyline.

I liked last nights episode a lot better than the premiere, and next week looks great as well. The only complaint I have thus far is I'd like to see more Jessie and Walt interaction, but I think that's coming pretty soon once the cartel stuff catches up to them.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:37 pm

I hope we get to learn more about Gus. If we didn't know already, I think the last episode made it pretty clear that he's a bad man. Way above Tuco in the cartel hierarchy. Walt's retirement isn't going to last long.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk