$50 Keeper / Auction Roto needs 1: 50% OFF 1st SEASON! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

$50 Keeper / Auction Roto needs 1: 50% OFF 1st SEASON!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

$50 Keeper / Auction Roto needs 1: 50% OFF 1st SEASON!

Postby KoolPapaBell » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:41 am

We just finished the 3rd year of this ten-team keeper league, and I just had an owner tell me he won't be returning. It's a great league (in my humble opinion), and very competitive. We've had a different winner each year. It uses contracts (so, an auction), a salary cap, and an 8-man prospect roster. Each roster has 37 players in all.

The team you'd be inheriting just came in 3rd place, but it did sell off some of its future in the process. So, it does not have a lot of great assets. There's no reason this team shouldn't be competitive, but because I recognize that it's not a juggernaut (and because I want it filled soon), I am offering a 50% discount on the first season. That means you only pay $25 for next year, but you are eligible to win the full prizes!

However, in this league teams can only keep a maximum of 8 players (and no minimum), which means that one doesn't need great keepers to be competitive (again, we've had 3 different winners in 3 years). This team will have nearly a full budget to spend in auction, in a year where McCutchen, Kershaw, Zimmermann, Scherzer, Reyes, Kinsler, Choo, Heyward -- and probably Miggy, Votto, and Pujols -- will be free agents . Those are only a few of the names.

The team only has two keeper commitments: Brett Gardner ($16 for one more year, which will be an overpay) and Paul Goldschmidt ($12 per year for two more years, which looks like it will be a huge value).

There are a couple of interesting prospects (Zunino, Alen Hanson, Carlos Martinez), but in my opinion the prospect roster could use some work.

In this league, we require that you pay a year in advance, in order to ensure that no owners ever just totally dump. This has worked very well for us. It does mean, though, that you will need to pay $75 ($25 + $50) up front, but you would have pre-paid for two seasons that way.

PM me with your email if you have any interest, and I can send you more details, including the league forum (so you can see the league's history) and the full league roster grid.
KoolPapaBell
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: $50 Keeper / Auction Roto needs 1: 50% OFF 1st SEASON!

Postby KoolPapaBell » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:03 am

Edited OP to reflect the 50% discount.
KoolPapaBell
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 5)

Re: $50 Keeper / Auction Roto needs 1: 50% OFF 1st SEASON!

Postby kidsilk » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:56 am

Hello,

I am super interested in your league. I think I would be great asset to your league and love rebuilding. Please email me the info and let me know if I can join.

Thanks.

dewolfwilliam@yahoo.com
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1201)

Return to Classifieds