$50 Yahoo league looking for owners - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

$50 Yahoo league looking for owners

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

$50 Yahoo league looking for owners

Postby mattginlv » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:50 pm

Yahoo league that has been running for 12 years is looking to expand and add new, solid, competitve owners. Solid core of about 10 owners which I'd like to expand to 14 or 16 to make the league more competitive. We're moving to an H2H Points system this year. The point system is the one posted on the Commish board in the "Searching for a better point system" thread.

Live standard snaking draft set for March 17 at 7:30PM PST. Buy in is $50. All money goes to the pool. Payouts for playoff finish (depending on how many owners in league) and monthly payouts for best record during that month. If interested and you want to check out the league, the league ID is 13169 and password is matt. If you have any issues accessing the league, leave a message and I'll get you in.
mattginlv
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: $50 Yahoo league looking for owners

Postby Quackman » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:26 am

leaguesafe?
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)

Postby mattginlv » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:26 pm

I do not use leaguesafe. PayPal has worked fine for the league over the last 12 years. I've only had 1 person who did not pay over that time and his team was locked for the season and I covered the fee out of my own pocket. He was, of course, not invited back the following year. I think using leaguesafe would be a tough sell to the current owners due to the extra fees for depositing and withdrawing money to the site (smacks of the business model for the "too big to fail" banks). To get around PayPal fees, I usually have everyone send money as Personal Gift. If you are interested but worried about the leaguesafe issue, I might be able to get you some other owners to talk to in the league who can vouch that money has never been a problem.
mattginlv
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Quackman » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:45 pm

mattginlv wrote:I do not use leaguesafe. PayPal has worked fine for the league over the last 12 years. I've only had 1 person who did not pay over that time and his team was locked for the season and I covered the fee out of my own pocket. He was, of course, not invited back the following year. I think using leaguesafe would be a tough sell to the current owners due to the extra fees for depositing and withdrawing money to the site (smacks of the business model for the "too big to fail" banks). To get around PayPal fees, I usually have everyone send money as Personal Gift. If you are interested but worried about the leaguesafe issue, I might be able to get you some other owners to talk to in the league who can vouch that money has never been a problem.

no thanks. Sure you are trustworthy but i only do leaguesafe unless i know you in RL. Its actually easy and cheap. Ive had the same leaguesafe money on there for awhile. No fees to join leagues only when you put money on the first time and its not much. I understand though with a long running league,,good luck.
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)

Postby mattginlv » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:05 pm

I've posed the question to the league owners. Hopefully, they'll get back to me shortly. If they say yes, hopefully that will generate more Cafe members to check the league out.
mattginlv
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby mattginlv » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:09 pm

Looking over Leaguesafe, none of my current owners will go for having to pay to get their money out. If anyone is not taking a hard stance on having the league use Leaguesafe, the league still has room. See OP for info on how to join.
mattginlv
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Classifieds