Need two new owners for 12 team, NL only league in 2013 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Need two new owners for 12 team, NL only league in 2013

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need two new owners for 12 team, NL only league in 2013

Postby adujan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:18 pm

Hi,

We have a 12 team league that's been around for at least 16 years (it's my 15th year in the league and they had been around before I joined). Here are the basics:

- We use cbssports to host the league
- 12 teams, rotisserie style.
- 5 offensive categories (BA, HRs, runs, RBI, SBs) and 5 pitching categories (ERA, WHIP, Wins, Strikeouts, Saves)
- NL only
- Auction draft (we use the CBS draft room capability on the site). $260 in salary.
- Keepers are available - you can keep up to 10 players, adding $5 to the previous year's salary. You cannot keep anyone more than 3 years.
- No DL or minors slot. 14 starting offensive players, 9 pitchers, and 10 bench spots. You can own minor league NL players, but there is no special slot for them.
- League fees are $260 plus $1/transaction. Top 4 owners get paid out (the winner this year won $2,200 and 4th place won $450). Bottom 4 owners get fined (it was an effort to prevent fire sales too early in the season). $25 for 9th, $50 for 10th, $100 for 11th, $150 for 12th.
- The average owner made around 85 transaction this past year. If you include the website hosting, average total fees are $380.
- I've seen notes about scams. This league is legit, but if you are worried, you can pay at the end of the year. There just needs to be some mechanism to ensure an owner won't play for free then bolt without paying the league fees. In the past, we used to draft live in Vegas (the first weekend of March Madness). Fewer owners are making the trip, but enough of us will be there to still prove we're real people behind the league.
- The above covers the basics. If you have questions, please let me know. I'd love to have two owners in place sooner versus later.
adujan
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need two new owners for 12 team, NL only league in 2013

Postby dr.chili » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:20 pm

Experienced owner, only play NL only. Could you forward the 2 vacated rosters to me please?
drrosen@optonline.net David
dr.chili
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ragoczy » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:25 pm

I'm interested. Please send the rules and rosters, indicating the available teams to socalmsfan@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Robert
We're only immortal for a limited time
Ragoczy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby reds1975 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:49 pm

Hello
Have you filled this league yet?? If not I would be very interested in your league. I am TRUE NL guy!
Please email me at cinreds1975@yahoo.com

Thanks
James
reds1975
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Bela Fregosi » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:56 pm

Long time NL only guy. I live in So Cal, so the chance for a live auction in Vegas sounds great. Please send me any info. jeffasimons gmailcom
Bela Fregosi
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 6)

Return to Classifieds