This week, Josh Shepardson and I talk about the implications of the new twist in the Biogenesis investigation and whether or not those in H2H leagues should be selling the pertinent players in anticipation of suspensions. But that’s not all.
- Nine fantasy baseball questions from the Cafe forums are answered, from the following users:
- twisteddude – Trading Wil Myers for Ryan Braun
- Knights – Resolving a Yasiel Puig logjam
- camvz08 – What’s a good offer for Clayton Kershaw?
- Coolest1 – Michael Cuddyer/Yovani Gallardo or Asdrubal Cabrera/Matt Moore?
- TheGhost – Jonathan Lucroy or Evan Gattis
- clarkw267 – Selling high on Domonic Brown
- killahurtz – Selling high on Domonic Brown, Part II
- AmazinMeTS86 – Carlos Quentin or Kyle Blanks
- jruffus1 – Is Kevin Gausman droppable?
NAME THAT WAIVER CLAIM
- We quiz each other on waiver claims on their respective radars, one from the AL and one from the NL. One’s just joined his team and is batting fifth, while the other is a former 19-game winner. Who can name the claim? Play along as you listen.
- Gerrit Cole and Zack Wheeler are joining their major-league teams this week. Who’s the better pickup? And are Wil Myers and Oscar Taveras worth stashes in all fantasy leagues?
YOUR 7-DAY FORECAST
- Those inclined to stream have at least one option every day in Your 7-Day Forecast. Ricky Nolasco, Dan Straily, Rick Porcello, rookies galore and more are in our weekly stable of streamers this week.
- Giancarlo Stanton is returning, but is there still a buy-low opportunity for traders? How will the Braves resolve the return of Brandon Beachy next week, and should we be selling Julio Teheran in leagues? Is the sparsely-owned Peter Bourjos (returning Monday) a better fantasy option than “name” speedsters like Juan Pierre and Ben Revere?
BOTTOM OF THE 9TH
- Jim Henderson is back in Milwaukee, but that doesn’t mean it’s quite time to cut Francisco Rodriguez loose. J.J. Putz is on the road to recovery, so it may be time to find a taker for Heath Bell, perhaps in the form of the Putz owner in fantasy leagues.
WRAP IT UP
- Major-league teams picked up their next crop of talent in last week’s draft. Which five players should be at the top of rookie drafts in dynasty leagues, and which three could make their major-league debuts the fastest?
Check it out on iTunes or below.
R.J. White is the head editor at the Cafe and contributes to CBSSports.com's MLB Rumors blog. He has previously written for FanHouse, Razzball and FanDuel. Catch up with him in the forums under the name daullaz. Follow him on Twitter; don't follow him in real life.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!