September has arrived, and with it the next batch of “cup of coffee” players who have the chance to be evaluated at the major-league level. Which September call-ups are worth adds in fantasy leagues? Billy Hamilton could provide a nice steals boost, even if he plays mostly as a pinch runner. Anyone else? Listen and find out.
- Five fantasy baseball questions from the Cafe forums are answered, from the following users:
NAME THAT WAIVER CLAIM
- This week, we look at a returning lead-off hitter in the NL and a recently traded player in the AL. Play along as we try to Name That Waiver Claim.
- In this edition of Future Rookies, we look at one of the best pitching prospects in the league, Taijuan Walker, who just made his MLB debut. We also examine the curious case of Jarred Cosart and make a ruling on Donnie Murphy’s stock in dynasty leagues.
YOUR 7-DAY FORECAST
- Our team of streamers includes starts in Petco Park and against the Marlins, as always, as well as the strikeout potential of Sonny Gray, the quality pitching of Danny Duffy and more.
- A trio of Matt are on our radar this week: Matt Kemp, Matt Cain and Matt Moore. How do they stack up in 2014? And how does the Pirates bullpen shake out when Jason Grilli returns?
BOTTOM OF THE 9TH
- Houston’s bullpen may be untouchable at this point, but we try to find value anyway. We also consider a speculative add of Gonzalez Germen and just how good Rex Brothers will be in 2014.
WRAP IT UP
- The Pirates have gone trade crazy, but will it be enough to win a title?
Check it out on iTunes or below.
R.J. White is the head editor at the Cafe and contributes to CBSSports.com's MLB Rumors blog. He has previously written for FanHouse, Razzball and FanDuel. Catch up with him in the forums under the name daullaz. Follow him on Twitter; don't follow him in real life.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!