The Braves just reeled off an impressive winning streak, and their pitching has been phenomenal. Are they the favorites for the NL pennant and will the win the World Series? That, and a whole lot of fantasy baseball talk, in this week’s Cafe Pod.
- Nine fantasy baseball questions from the Cafe forums are answered, from the following users:
- guyincognito – Tim Lincecum or John Lackey
- teaaker – Matt Kemp or Xander Bogaerts
- Donnie740 – Adrian Beltre or Jason Heyward and a No. 1 pick
- CyboNinja – Adam LaRoche, Adam Lind or Josh Willingham
- pizzaboy76 – Ivan Nova or Danny Salazar
- BravesGuy – B.J. Upton or Austin Jackson
- angels7777 – Joe Kelly, Andrew Cashner or Marco Estrada
- roolgol90 – Starlin Castro or Elvis Andrus
- IonZephyr – Matt Kemp and Sergio Romo or Carlos Gonzalez
NAME THAT WAIVER CLAIM
- This week, an AL outfielder who satisfies the need for speed and an NL power hitter on the mend. Play along as we try to Name That Waiver Claim (cue applause).
- We look at Leury Garcia, the prospect acquired in the Alex Rios deal. We also try to dissect how the Will Middlebrooks promotion affects Xander Bogaerts, especially with Bogaerts playing a little 3B at Triple-A. We decide whether Scooter Gennett and Brett Oberholtzer are worth a fantasy shot before closing with a look at Carlos Correa and Eddie Butler.
YOUR 7-DAY FORECAST
- Our team of streamers includes love for Danny Salazar and Jenrry Mejia, matchups against the Mets and Marlins and plenty more. Who are your picks for spot-starters this week? Hear ours in Your 7-Day Forecast.
- Yovani Gallardo, Aramis Ramirez, Yadier Molina, Lance Berkman and Alex Cobb are on their way back from the DL. Matt Moore will soon follow. We look at their values moving forward and how the Rays rotation will be resolved.
BOTTOM OF THE 9TH
- Astros, Angels and Mets are on tap, and we decide whether we’re picking up any Astros, who is leading the Angels in saves over the rest of the year and whether the Mets should be looking at some young arms in the closing role with Bobby Parnell out.
WRAP IT UP
- We looked at the NL MVP race last week, but what about the AL MVP race? How does it shake out between Miguel Cabrera, Chris Davis and Mike Trout?
Check it out on iTunes or below.
R.J. White is the head editor at the Cafe and contributes to CBSSports.com's MLB Rumors blog. He has previously written for FanHouse, Razzball and FanDuel. Catch up with him in the forums under the name daullaz. Follow him on Twitter; don't follow him in real life.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!