It’s time for Cafe Pod Week 15 and All-Stars, All-Stars, All-Stars!
- Nine fantasy baseball questions from the Cafe forums are answered, from the following users:
- mkzp54 – Matt Carpenter or Cole Hamels
- mattgmen90 – Carl Crawford or Leonys Martin
- Surfs up – Drop Anthony Rendon, Neil Walker or Marco Scutaro
- zyzzbrah34 – Is Yoenis Cespedes droppable?
- SecretAgentMan – J.J. Hardy or Daniel Nava
- jcflash5 – Trevor Bauer or Sonny Gray in keeper leagues
- mjacobs – Dynasty value: Jered Weaver or Gerrit Cole
- footballisbetter – Top two FA starting pitchers
- Trooper – Pick a Robinson Cano deal
NAME THAT WAIVER CLAIM
- This week, we look at an out-of-nowhere solid middle infielder and once and potentially future closer. Can you name the claims?
- We discuss the fantasy worth (or lack thereof) of the Marlins’ Ricky Nolasco haul, the excellent season of George Springer and the on-the-doorstep Taijuan Walker, Walker’s organizational mate Danny Hultzen and the five tools of Byron Buxton.
YOUR 7-DAY FORECAST
- Our spot starters of the week include Jeremy Hefner, Jose Quintana, Jhoulys Chacin, Jake Westbrook, Corey Kluber, Martin Perez and more.
- Ryan Braun’s returning, but will his name worth more than his fantasy production in the second half? Adam Eaton’s a regular when he’s activated from the disabled list, right? Is Troy Tulowitzki a name worth cashing in, or can he put his injury behind him? Any reason to monitor Dan Haren in fantasy leagues? Final question: A-Rod?
BOTTOM OF THE 9TH
- We guess who leads Baltimore in saves over the second half, decide if Tom Wilhelmsen’s struggles are behind him and take what we hope is one last look at a mess of an Arizona bullpen.
WRAP IT UP
- No pod next week, so let’s pick a winner and an MVP of the 2013 All-Star Game.
Check it out on iTunes or below.
R.J. White is the head editor at the Cafe and contributes to CBSSports.com's MLB Rumors blog. He has previously written for FanHouse, Razzball and FanDuel. Catch up with him in the forums under the name daullaz. Follow him on Twitter; don't follow him in real life.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!