Welcome to Week 6 of the Cafe Pod. This week, Josh and I look at a terrible Toronto rotation and see if there’s any hope for a turnaround. We then get into questions from the Cafe forums, waiver claims that we like this week, rookies and future rookies, spot-starters and streamers and the Cubs closer situation before re-ranking the top five SPs for 2013.
- Nine fantasy baseball questions from the Cafe forums are answered, from the following users:
NAME THAT WAIVER CLAIM
- The guys quiz each other on waiver claims on their respective radars, one from the AL and one from the NL. Can they guess each other’s pick? Can you? Play along as you listen.
- Prospects Marcell Ozuna and Carlos Martinez are up with their parent clubs. What are the fantasy outlooks of each? And which Orioles prospect should fantasy owners think about picking up ASAP?
YOUR 7-DAY FORECAST
- This week’s streaming options include a trio of Padre pitchers who get to face the Marlins “offense” at home. Can it get any better than that? Don’t shrug off the Marlins pitchers either — two may be worth using this week.
- Brian McCann is back, so is it time for Evan Gattis to get acquainted with the outfield? What does Michael Bourn’s return mean for the hot-hitting Ryan Raburn? Chris Capuano is expected to come back from his injury and start Monday with the Dodgers rotation dealing with multiple injuries. Is a repeat of 2012 out of the question?
BOTTOM OF THE 9TH
- More Cubs bullpen talk! Is Kevin Gregg the closer even when Kyuji Fujikawa returns? With a Gregg implosion on schedule any day now, does it matter long-term?
WRAP IT UP
- Josh and I re-rank our top five pitchers for 2013. Oddly enough, we settled on the same five guys.
Check it out on iTunes or below.
R.J. White is the head editor at the Cafe and contributes to CBSSports.com's MLB Rumors blog. He has previously written for FanHouse, Razzball and FanDuel. Catch up with him in the forums under the name daullaz. Follow him on Twitter; don't follow him in real life.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!