On the Cafe Pod this week, Josh Shepardson and I break down Giancarlo Stanton’s slow start and subsequent offensive explosion over the weekend. Has the window to buy low slammed shut? Is he worth selling relatively high?
- Nine fantasy baseball questions from the Cafe forums are answered, from the following users:
- shelby lou
NAME THAT WAIVER CLAIM
- The guys quiz each other on waiver claims on their respective radars, one from the AL and one from the NL, including a former top prospect who has a nine-game hitting streak as well as a big natural first baseman in the outfield. Play along as you listen.
YOUR 7-DAY FORECAST
- Josh and I double up on spot starters for streaming owners in H2H leagues from Monday through Saturday and settle on one great Sunday option.
- Jhoulys Chacin is expected back Sunday; is it time to add him universally? Is Hanley Ramirez a top-five fantasy shortstop the rest of the way? Is Aramis Ramirez a quintessential “buy low?” Does the imminent return of Curtis Granderson spell the end of Vernon Wells’s reign of fantasy terror?
- Another highly-touted third baseman made his way to the big leagues this weekend in the form of Nolan Arenado. Does he have the skills to succeed in Colorado? Is he a must-add in that environment? And is there any upside to Austin Romine?
BOTTOM OF THE 9TH
- Will the Red Sox really re-install Joel Hanrahan at closer with Andrew Bailey pitching so well? What should Bailey owners do with their interim closer? And is that a Kevin Gregg sighting in Chicago? Oh, Cubbies.
WRAP IT UP
- Nolan Arenado has the chance to be the next big rookie sensation after being promoted on Sunday. What are our predictions for him for the rest of the season?
Check it out on iTunes or below.
R.J. White is the head editor at the Cafe and contributes to CBSSports.com's MLB Rumors blog. He has previously written for FanHouse, Razzball and FanDuel. Catch up with him in the forums under the name daullaz. Follow him on Twitter; don't follow him in real life.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!