It’s time for our weekly Cafe Pod, and this week, injuries rule the day. I had four players hit the DL in one week (Jered Weaver, Jose Reyes, Kyuji Fujikawa, Jason Kubel), and those weren’t the only guys to go down in Week 2. Josh Shepardson of Baseball Prospectus joins me to discuss what the Reyes injury means for the positional eligibility of other Blue Jay players before jumping into our trip around the Cafe.
- Nine fantasy baseball questions from the Cafe forums are answered, from the following users:
- Surfs up
NAME THAT WAIVER CLAIM
- The guys quiz each other on waiver claims on their respective radars, one from the AL and one from the NL. Can they build off correct guesses from the last pod? No spoilers, so play along as you listen.
- Josh tells us about the fantasy outlook of Twins prospect Oswaldo Arcia, who looks like he’ll join the Twins soon, before giving us updates on Jurickson Profar, Anthony Rendon and Bruce Rondon.
YOUR 7-DAY FORECAST
- The guys break down potential spot-start pitchers for the remainder of the week for H2H owners. How can you not churn pitchers against the
- Chase Headley, David Ortiz and Shaun Marcum should all be activated from the disabled list in the coming week. Are there any concerns of a slow start for Headley? Is Jackie Bradley droppable in all leagues? Is Marcum worth an add before he returns?
BOTTOM OF THE 9TH
- This week’s look at bullpens has an injury cloud over it, with the closer situations of the Red Sox, Cardinals and Cubs all affected.
WRAP IT UP
- The Braves have swept the Cubs, Marlins and Nationals to move to 11-1. Are they playoff bound? Will Paul Maholm give up any runs this season?
Check it out on iTunes or below.
R.J. White is the head editor at the Cafe and contributes to CBSSports.com's MLB Rumors blog. He has previously written for FanHouse, Razzball and FanDuel. Catch up with him in the forums under the name daullaz. Follow him on Twitter; don't follow him in real life.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!