Regular season baseball is here, and with it comes a brand new Cafe feature, the Cafe Pod. Josh Shepardson of Baseball Prospectus and the Cafe joins me to discuss a week of fantasy baseball, including answering Cafe user trade/waiver questions, pinpointing a few good waiver claims, reeling through baseball’s most exciting rookies, picking up some spot starters for H2H leagues, examining a few injured players, looking at some bullpen situations and more. Give it a listen to see why we’re objectively the most accurate fantasy baseball podcast on the Internet.
- R.J. White of Fantasy Baseball Cafe (et. al.) and Josh Shepardson of Baseball Prospectus (et. al.)
- Is Clayton Kershaw the best pitcher in baseball?
- Nine fantasy baseball questions from the Cafe’s Draft, Trade, Keeper, Waiver forum are answered, from the following users:
- Phightin Phills
- Halo Homers
- potown poboy
- Mets 24
NAME THAT WAIVER CLAIM
- The guys quiz each other on waiver claims on their respective radars. No spoilers, so play along as you listen.
- Josh analyzes four past Future Rookies who made their team’s respective opening-day rosters: Jedd Gyorko, Aaron Hicks, Jackie Bradley, Jr. and Jose Fernandez.
YOUR 7-DAY FORECAST
- The guys break down potential spot-start pitchers for the remainder of the week for H2H owners.
- The guys examine the injury status of Cody Ross, Brett Lawrie and Hiroyuki Nakajima, and what their eventual returns mean for their teams.
BOTTOM OF THE 9TH
- The guys determine the fate of the Tigers bullpen, choose between Ernesto Frieri and Ryan Madson, and put the nail in the coffin of Carlos Marmol’s fantasy value.
WRAP IT UP
- Check out a few Bryce Harper predictions for the remainder of the week/season.
Check it out on iTunes or below.
R.J. White is the head editor at the Cafe and contributes to CBSSports.com's MLB Rumors blog. He has previously written for FanHouse, Razzball and FanDuel. Catch up with him in the forums under the name daullaz. Follow him on Twitter; don't follow him in real life.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!