Welcome to The Can of Corn, hosted by Michael Stephens and Nate Davis! Back to the grind…Wait, what grind? This is when fantasy baseball starts to get really interesting! If you find yourself pining away for football season already, maybe a fresh batch of injury news, Cafe Talk, Tools of the Week, etc. can get you back into the mood – we’re just a few short months from the fantasy playoffs and now is the time you can still make some moves! In this show, we’ll cover topics from the various realms of the Cafe, as well as some good ol’ friendly competition. If you listen closely, you’ll even hear Michael pout (many times, actually) for e-mails even though we got one and forgot to cover it (sorry Big Mike, don’t hate us!). You know what time it is? It’s time to grab your glove and head for the outfield – here comes The Can of Corn!
• Introduction of show and hosts (Michael and Nate)
• Published on Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Brought to you by Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Have fantasy/reality questions or want an 8-track recording of the show? E-mail us at CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• A BUNCH OF ROOKIE “FIRSTS”
• NO ACES LEFT IN THE DECK
• GRADY’S LADIES NEED TO FRET NO MORE
• THE RETURN OF LIDGE’S DEMONS?
• SMITE ME, AND I WILL SMITE THEE!
• CAN FAST WILLY GET ON BASE, EVER AGAIN?
• FROM ONE PUDGE TO ANOTHER
• THIS GUY WANTS TO GO TO REHAB, THIS GUY DOESN’T
• JOHAN, JOHAN, WHEREFORE ART THOU JOHAN?
• CAFE TALK – 4 TOPICS OF INTEREST (and our shameless pimping in their posts)
• CAFE GAMES – CONGRATS TO THE WEEKLY WINNERS!
• LOTS OF UPDATES ON PREVIOUS PICKS!
• WHO DOES THE MOST PRE-ASB YARD WORK?
• WHERE LESS IS MORE
• THE FATHER OF CLOSING, OR THE FATHERS’ CLOSER?
• ANOTHER DODGERS PROP…
• U.S. OPEN WINNING MARGIN FOR TIGER :)
BATTLE OF THE WITS
• NATE PICKS THE STREAKY ANGELS
• MICHAEL LIKES THE MARINERS, AND NOT JUST CAUSE THEY STINK AND HE HAS TO WATCH THEM ALL THE TIME
TOOLS OF THE WEEK
• IAN KINSLER FIVE-TOOL PLAYER OF THE WEEK – THE GREATEST INTERLEAGUE PITCHER OF ALL TIME
• HONORABLE MENTION – A-PU FTW!
• CHIEN-MING WANG TOOL OF THE WEEK – DROP THE SILLY “J” FROM YOUR NAME AND START HITTING ALREADY!
• HONORABLE MENTION – WE GAVE YOU ONE MORE START, AND THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY US?!
• Thank yous
• Check out the Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• E-mail your fantasy questions to CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• Check out our website: Fantasy Cafe Radio
• The music for the show was provided by the PodShow Podsafe Music Network
• Click here to subscribe via iTunes
• Look forward to our next show, as we analyze and prognosticate even more goodness from the greatest sport in the world!
• Sign off
Michael Stephens is an avid fantasy sports enthusiast who writes for the Cafe. He hails from the Pacific Northwest and is a die-hard Seahawk and Mariner fan to the core! You can find Michael in the Cafe's forums where he actively posts under the name of WaCougMBS.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!