Welcome to The Can of Corn, hosted by Michael Stephens and Nate Davis! Who needs the Stanley Cup final or the NBA Finals when you have Major League Baseball’s first year player draft?! We promise that a maximum of five percent of this show is dedicated to the greatness of Stephen Strasburg, and we only talk about one other drafted player – the rest is up to you guys, the listeners, to put a bug in our ears about a guy you’d like us to hype/break down and then we’ll do the leg work. The rest of this week’s show is dedicated to all the good ol’ meat and potatoes of the Can of Corn: injury updates, roster advice, Cafe talk and a few games we still don’t know how to score, so grab your glove and head for the outfield – here comes The Can of Corn!
• Introduction of show and hosts (Michael and Nate)
• Published on Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Brought to you by Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Have fantasy/reality questions or want an 8-track recording of the show? E-mail us at CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• OMG, STEPHEN STRASBURG, AGAIN!
• DUSTIN’ THE BASEPATHS WITH SPEED
• HOW BOUT THOSE ROOKS?
• ONLY TWO STARS INJURED THIS WEEK, A NEW RECORD!
• UPDATES ON OUR FALLEN “SOLDIERS”
• FROM COLD TO VERY HOT, AND FROM BAD TO WORSE…
• THIS JUST IN, THE TIGERS HAVE TWO ACES UP THEIR SLEEVES
• HOW MANY SPECIMENS ARE IN RAUUUUL?
• ONE OF THE ALL-TIME GREATS TOES THE RUBBER AGAIN
• CAFE TALK – 4 TOPICS OF INTEREST (and our shameless pimping in their posts)
• CAFE GAMES – CONGRATS TO THE WEEKLY WINNERS!
• LOTS OF UPDATES ON PREVIOUS PICKS!
• THE BATTLE FOR NUMBER ONE
• UNLIKELY AL CY YOUNG RACE PARTICIPANTS
• WHAT HAPPENS FIRST, 20 or 50?
• CARL CRAWFORD MIGHT BE CHARGED WITH GRAND LARCENY AT THIS RATE!
• HOW SLOW CAN USAIN BOLT AND STILL WIN BY A MILE?
BATTLE OF THE WITS
• NATE PICKS DARREN’S BOYS…NOW THEY’RE DOOMED TWICE OVER?!
• MICHAEL LIKES BREW…OH YEAH, AND THE BREWERS!
TOOLS OF THE WEEK
• IAN KINSLER FIVE-TOOL PLAYER OF THE WEEK – NOT ON THE JV ANYMORE!
• HONORABLE MENTION – AN UNDER APPRECIATED BLUE BIRD
• CHIEN-MING WANG TOOL OF THE WEEK – WINNING YOUR OWN AWARD IS USUALLY A GOOD THING, RIGHT?
• HONORABLE MENTION – WE STILL HEART YOU, BUT COME ON!
• Thank yous
• Check out the Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• E-mail your fantasy questions to CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• Check out our website: Fantasy Cafe Radio
• The music for the show was provided by the PodShow Podsafe Music Network
• Click here to subscribe via iTunes
• Look forward to our next show, as we analyze and prognosticate even more goodness from the greatest sport in the world!
• Sign off
Michael Stephens is an avid fantasy sports enthusiast who writes for the Cafe. He hails from the Pacific Northwest and is a die-hard Seahawk and Mariner fan to the core! You can find Michael in the Cafe's forums where he actively posts under the name of WaCougMBS.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!