Welcome to The Can of Corn, hosted by Michael Stephens and Nate Davis! What a difference a week makes?! After taking a week off for their own personal (although early) All-Star Break, your hosts are back and they have a show packed to the absolute limits with injury updates, rookie callups, trade advice and more fantasy goodness than you can shake bat at! Want to see if your fallen star will be back to help your team in no time? How about if Tommy Hanson is the next Max Scherzer? Answers to these queries and much more are just one click away, so grab your glove and head for the outfield – here comes The Can of Corn!
• Introduction of show and hosts (Michael and Nate)
• Published on Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Brought to you by Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Have fantasy/reality questions or want an 8-track recording of the show? E-mail us at CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• E-MAILS GALORE!
• 300 FOR THE LAST TIME?
• NASTY NATE DOIN’ HIS THING IN WARMER WEATHER, BUT FOR HOW LONG?
• MR. 305 ON HIS WAY OUT THE DOOR
• ROOKIE CALLUPS APLENTY!
• SUPERSTAR FIRST-ROUNDERS DROPPING LIKE FLIES
• WHAT THE HECK IS PLANTAR FACIITIS?
• WHO’s HOT AND WHO WISHES THEY COULD BE
• TRADE ADVICE FROM ALL ANGLES
• CAFE GAMES – DNPs FTL…
• NOW YOU KNOW WHY WE DON’T DO AN NBA SHOW!
• WHO’S GOING STREAKING NOW?
• MICHAEL LOVES YOU CARLOS, BUT IT AIN’T GONNA HAPPEN…
• DUELING FRANCISCOS
• THE BATTLE FOR SECOND
• THE ONLY TIME HOCKEY MAKES THE SHOW THIS YEAR, WE PROMISE!
BATTLE OF THE WITS
• WE DON’T NEED NO STINKING SCORING SYSTEM!
• MICHAEL THINKS EVERYTHING’S BIGGER IN TEXAS
• NATE HOPES THE BEST FANS IN BASEBALL WILL HIM TO VICTORY
TOOLS OF THE WEEK
• IAN KINSLER FIVE-TOOL PLAYER OF THE WEEK – NOT SO FAST, ROOK
• HONORABLE MENTION – BLISTER BOY TURNS IT AROUND
• CHIEN-MING WANG TOOL OF THE WEEK – DOING HIS BEST KILLEBREW IMPRESSION
• HONORABLE MENTION – BROKEN MAGIC WAND(Y)
• FIVE-TOOL PLAYER OF THE MONTH – NOT EVEN MATT WIETERS CAN TOP THIS
• TOOL OF THE MONTH – THIS FRANCISCO CAN’T HANG
• Thank yous
• Check out the Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• E-mail your fantasy questions to CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• Check out our website: Fantasy Cafe Radio
• The music for the show was provided by the PodShow Podsafe Music Network
• Click here to subscribe via iTunes
• Look forward to our next show, as we analyze and prognosticate even more goodness from the greatest sport in the world!
• Sign off
Michael Stephens is an avid fantasy sports enthusiast who writes for the Cafe. He hails from the Pacific Northwest and is a die-hard Seahawk and Mariner fan to the core! You can find Michael in the Cafe's forums where he actively posts under the name of WaCougMBS.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!