Welcome to The Can of Corn, hosted by Michael Stephens and Darren Shimp! Darren returns for what will hopefully be a more stable schedule for his new job as a circus rodeo clown. The fantasy geeks talk about injuries galore, some hot bats, some not-so-hot arms and an incredible phenomenon of stolen bases! Amazing is an understatement for the quality of this week’s episode, so grab your glove and head for the outfield – here comes The Can of Corn!
• Introduction of show and hosts (Michael and Darren)
• Published on Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Brought to you by Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Have fantasy/reality questions or want an 8-track recording of the show? E-mail us at CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• GAMEL ON! YOU CAN’T WIPE YOUR FEET ON THIS MAT!
• RICKIE OUT FOR MORE THAN JUST A COUPLE WEEKS
• A COUPLE SPEED DEMONS HAVE FLAT TIRES
• ANOTHER SLUGGER DECIDES GOING HEAD FIRST INTO A WALL IS A GOOD IDEA
• DL GETS A LITTLE LIGHTER IN PITCHERS
• JV LOOKING LIKE VARSITY (X2)
• BIG TEX LOOKING BIG TIME
• LOOKING MORE LIKE GRADY SIZE-LESS
• HOORAY INTERLEAGUE!
• WHO GETS THE GEMS IN THE EMERALD CITY?
• NON-STRIKEOUT MACHINE VS WALK MACHINE?
• OH MY GOD, STEPHEN STRASBURG!
• KINSLER OR THE FIELD?
• THINGS TO DO BESIDES WATCH THE INDY 500
BATTLE OF THE WITS
• WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO ABOUT THIS …
• MICHAEL STAYS IN SO-CAL
• DARREN GOES UP NORTH, WAY NORTH
TOOLS OF THE WEEK
• IAN KINSLER FIVE-TOOL PLAYER OF THE WEEK – LOTS OF U
• HONORABLE MENTION – AN ACE IN HOUSTON NOT NAMED ROY
• CHIEN-MING WANG TOOL OF THE WEEK – PAGING DAVID PRICE, WOULD YOU PLEASE REPORT TO ST. PETE?
• HONORABLE MENTION – ON PACE TO SUCK
• Thank yous
• Check out the Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• E-mail your fantasy questions to CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• Check out our website: Fantasy Cafe Radio
• The music for the show was provided by the PodShow Podsafe Music Network
• Click here to subscribe via iTunes
• Look forward to our next show, as we analyze and prognosticate even more goodness from the greatest sport in the world!
• Sign off
Michael Stephens is an avid fantasy sports enthusiast who writes for the Cafe. He hails from the Pacific Northwest and is a die-hard Seahawk and Mariner fan to the core! You can find Michael in the Cafe’s forums where he actively posts under the name of WaCougMBS.
Darren Shimp is an Oregon-bred sports fanatic, who somehow got started rooting for the San Francisco Giants in the late eighties and has never looked back. He looks forward to the day the Giants can score more than three runs on the road. He is still a newbie in the Cafe, and goes under the alias shimposter. He will always have something to say about the awesomeness of Will Clark.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!