Welcome to The Can of Corn, hosted by Michael Stephens and Nate Davis! Another week has passed, and a fresh batch of injuries to some of the marquee names in the game have cropped up to go along with it! In this week’s show, the hosts will cover the slew of MLB injury news and updates, welcome some new members to the boards with responses to their queries in Cafe Talk, introduce their new (lack of) scoring system for the Battle of the Wits and much, much more! With the Reds streaking to the lead in the NL Central, home runs being reversed all over the place on Wednesday and some guys not getting the credit they deserve, there will be plenty of content for your listening delight in this episode, so grab your glove and head for the outfield – here comes The Can of Corn!
• Introduction of show and hosts (Michael and Nate)
• Published on Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Brought to you by Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Have fantasy/reality questions or want to threaten us with swine flu? E-mail us at CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• BYE BYE “MR.” MAYBIN
• A COUPLE OF MATS YOU WON’T BE WIPING YOUR FEET ON
• LAST YEAR’S STANDOUTS ARE DROPPING LIKE FLIES!
• UPDATES GALORE – MANY STARS RETURNING THIS WEEKEND!
• A HIT STREAK ENDS, BUT THE HOT BAT WILL CONTINUE
• SOME UNLIKELY PITCHERS TEARING THINGS UP
• POWER/SPEED GUYS PRODUCING A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING
• TIME FOR LEE TO GET SOME LOVE!
• JASON BAY IS THE BEST #6 HITTER IN THE LEAGUE!
• CAFE TALK: THREE SOLID TRADE OFFERS AND A WELCOMING PARTY FOR THE NEW GUY
• CAFE GAMES UPDATE: DARREN PULLS A DNP, MICHAEL STINKS UP THE JOINT AND NATE VOWS TO GET IN ON THE FUN
• WHO’S GOING STREAKING NEXT?
• WHO’S ERA WILL BALLOON LESS BY SEASON’S END?
• CAN LONGORIA JOIN A LOFTY CLUB (FILLED WITH ROIDERS)?
• A CRAP-SHOOT FOR THE MID-SEASON SAVES LEADER
• THE NBA PLAYOFFS?! ISN’T THIS A BASEBALL SHOW? …
BATTLE OF THE WITS
• MICHAEL NAILS IT WHILE NATE AND DARREN TOP .500!
• BRANCHING OUT – WHO PLAYS THE MARINERS AND NATIONALS THIS WEEK?
TOOLS OF THE WEEK
• IAN KINSLER FIVE-TOOL PLAYER OF THE WEEK – JUSTIN WHO?
• HONORABLE MENTION – HE MIGHT THROW PARACHUTES, BUT HE IS HITTING BOMBS!
• CHIEN-MING WANG TOOL OF THE WEEK – THE OL’ SOFT TOSSER GETS LIT UP…TWICE…
• HONORABLE MENTION – YOU HAVE 37 AB LEFT TO KEEP YOUR JOB, WHAT WILL YOU DO WITH THEM?
• Thank yous
• Check out the Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• E-mail your fantasy questions to CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• Check out our website: Fantasy Cafe Radio
• The music for the show was provided by the PodShow Podsafe Music Network
• Click here to subscribe via iTunes
• Look forward to our next show, as we analyze and prognosticate even more goodness from the greatest sport in the world!
• Sign off
Michael Stephens is an avid fantasy sports enthusiast who writes for the Cafe. He hails from the Pacific Northwest and is a die-hard Seahawk and Mariner fan to the core! You can find Michael in the Cafe’s forums where he actively posts under the name of WaCougMBS.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!