Welcome to The Can of Corn, hosted by Michael Stephens and Darren Shimp! Games have finally been played, and we can throw props or slops where they may be needed. Hot starts at the plate, a couple cycles, many big-name pitchers getting lit up and a few pushing the boundaries of no-hitter glory are already in the books. That, and the Mariners are playing well! The hosts will cover these, as well as a myriad of other baseball topics today, as well as some craziness in the Cafe’s forums. Lend us an ear, grab your glove and head for the outfield – here comes The Can of Corn!
• Introduction of show and hosts (Darren and Michael)
• Published on Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Brought to you by Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Have fantasy/reality questions? Email us at CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• ROOKIES GETTING SOME PT
• TOMMY HANSON WATCH 2009 OFFICIALLY BEGINS
• JORDAN ZIMMERMAN MAKES HIS MLB DEBUT MONDAY
• WBC SYNDROME STRIKES AGAIN
• SEVERAL ANNOYING DAY-TO-DAYS
• CHRIS PEREZ SIGHTING
• HOT PLAYERS, GET YOUR HOT PLAYERS HERE!
• ZACH DUKE? YES, ZACH DUKE
• MANY BIG-TIME SPs GETTING THEIR REARS HANDED TO THEM
• CAFE TALK: FUNNY STUFF, WEIRD RULES AND BAD OWNERS
• WE HATE TO BE ANTI-PATRIOTIC, BUT …
• WHO WILL BE THE K-KING IN THE SENIOR CIRCUIT?
• MARINER HOMER GOES AGAINST THE GRAIN
BATTLE OF THE WITS
• NEW SEASON, CLEAN SLATE
• REMATCH OF 2003 WORLD SERIES
• INTRO TO CAFE GAMES
• WE HAVE A WINNER!
TOOLS OF THE WEEK
• FIVE-TOOL PLAYER OF THE WEEK – YOU MAY HAVE HEARD OF HIM
• HONORABLE MENTION – A SURPRISE YANKEE
• TOOL OF THE WEEK – SOMEONE GOT THEIR WANG STEPPED ON
• HONORABLE MENTION – BIG TEX = BIG BLECHHH!
• Thank yous
• Check out the Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Email your fantasy questions to CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• Check out our website: Fantasy Cafe Radio
• The music for the show was provided by the PodShow Podsafe Music Network
• Click here to subscribe via iTunes
• Look forward to our next show, as we analyze and prognosticate even more goodness from the greatest sport in the world!
• Sign off
Michael Stephens is an avid fantasy sports enthusiast who writes for the Cafe. He hails from the Pacific Northwest and is a die-hard Seahawk and Mariner fan to the core! You can find Michael in the Cafe’s forums where he actively posts under the name of WaCougMBS.
Darren Shimp is an Oregon-bred sports fanatic, who somehow got started rooting for the San Francisco Giants in the late eighties and has never looked back. He is still a newbie in the Cafe, and goes under the alias shimposter. He will always have something to say about the awesomeness of Will Clark.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!