Welcome to The Can of Corn, hosted by Michael Stephens and…no one! That’s right, Michael has to fly solo this week without his Gumby, his Bert or his Tonto! With both Darren and Nate unavailable, it’s time for the first solo flight in The Can of Corn’s history – just don’t go thinking it will be any less long-winded (it still goes for 26+ minutes)! As usual, the show is packed with injury news, rookie updates and Cafe Talk – it’s just that this week, the “witty banter” comes off as a BIT more schitzo when you’re by yourself! Regardless of how much Michael likes the sound of his own voice, it’ll be back to normal next week, but in the meantime it’s time to grab your glove and head for the outfield – here comes The Can of Corn!
• Introduction of show and host (Michael)
• Published on Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Brought to you by Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Have fantasy/reality questions or want an 8-track recording of the show? E-mail us at CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• WHO KNEW, WE DO HAVE E-MAILERS (THIS TIME “WE” DIDN”T FORGET)
• A COUPLE OF UNDER-THE-RADAR ROOKS
• WHY, CARLOS? WHY?!
• SOME BIG BOPPERS ON THE COMEBACK
• SMOKING HOT BATS, AND SOME UNHERALDED ARMS TEAT IT UP
• CAN FAST WILLY GET ON BASE, EVER AGAIN?
• THE CURSE OF THE CAN OF CORN REARS ITS UGLY MUG
• MANRAM GETTING MIGHTY CLOSE, AS LONG AS THE WEATHER’S NICE…
• SIXTEEN-YEAR-OLDS BELONG IN HIGH SCHOOL – END OF STORY!
• THE ROCKIES ARE GOING STREAKING – WHO LEADS THE CHARGE?
• CAFE TALK – 4 TOPICS OF INTEREST (and our shameless pimping in their posts)
• CAFE GAMES – CONGRATS TO THE WEEKLY WINNERS (AND THE MATCHUP MELTDOWN CHAMP)!
• TWO UPDATES AND NOT MUCH MORE
• BACK NEXT WEEK WITH A VENGANCE
BATTLE OF THE WITS
• NATE PICKS THE WEIRD ACCENTS
• MICHAEL LIKES THE PIRATES? THIS WEEK AT LEAST!
TOOLS OF THE WEEK
• IAN KINSLER FIVE-TOOL PLAYER OF THE WEEK – IT”S ABOUT TIME, HR!
• HONORABLE MENTION – AN UNLIKELY CUB
• CHIEN-MING WANG TOOL OF THE WEEK – AND TO THINK, WE ALL TOOK YOU IN THE FIRST ROUND…
• HONORABLE MENTION – THE CGSO CURSE STRIKES TWICE IN THE SAME WEEK!
• FIVE-TOOL PLAYER OF THE MONTH – YOU KNOW WHO DOES IT AGAIN…
• TOOL OF THE MONTH – YEAH WILLY, CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY YOU DIDN’T TAKE THE “HONOR” THIS MONTH!
• Thank yous
• Check out the Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• E-mail your fantasy questions to CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• Check out our website: Fantasy Cafe Radio
• The music for the show was provided by the PodShow Podsafe Music Network
• Click here to subscribe via iTunes
• Look forward to our next show, as we analyze and prognosticate even more goodness from the greatest sport in the world!
• Sign off
Michael Stephens is an avid fantasy sports enthusiast who writes for the Cafe. He hails from the Pacific Northwest and is a die-hard Seahawk and Mariner fan to the core! You can find Michael in the Cafe's forums where he actively posts under the name of WaCougMBS.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!