Welcome to The Can of Corn, hosted by Michael Stephens and Darren Shimp! Prepare yourself for a little bit longer version of The Can of Corn, as the guys loosen the belts on brevity. They make light of a couple posts on the Cafe, ridicule the unnecessary attention Alex Rodriguez receives, and talk ad nauseum about injuries galore! The prognosticators continue their mastery of mediocrity, so lend us an ear, grab your glove and head for the outfield – here comes The Can of Corn!
• Introduction of show and hosts (Darren and Michael)
• Published on Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Brought to you by Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Have fantasy/reality questions or want to threaten us with swine flu? E-mail us at CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• PORCELLO LOOKS OK … FOR THE FIRST TWO INNINGS
• LAPORTA, GAMEL AND HANSON COULD NOT BE DOING ANY BETTER IN AAA
• STRASBURG MANIA HAS OFFICIALLY BEGUN
• TONS OF INJURIES: HANLEY, MCCANN, VALVERDE, SORIA, LIDGE, HAMELS, HAMILTON
• A-ROID UPDATE; BAD NEWS FOR WEBB OWNERS
• PUJOLS BEING PUJOLS, AND LINCECUM SETTLING DOWN
• THE FLYIN’ HAWAIIAN IS MASHING
• JHONNY ISN’T DOING WELL, MAYBE BECAUSE HIS NAME IS SPELLED WRONG
• CAFE TALK: START/SIT ADVICE, THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO HMM, MAKING FUN OF LOL-ERS
• CAFE GAMES UPDATE: MICHAEL STRONG IN MELTDOWN, DARREN DOING WELL IN PICK3, LADDERS
• UPDATE ON LAST WEEK’S PREDICTIONS
• DAVID PRICE CALLUP?
• YANKEE YOUNG GUNS
• CARLOS PENA EXPECTATIONS
• DARREN STEALS MICHAEL’S SLEEPER FOR THE NBA FINALS
BATTLE OF THE WITS
• TIES ARE STUPID, LET’S CHANGE THE RULES
• THE TWO NAB AL CENTRAL TEAMS, WHO HAPPEN TO RUN INTO EACH OTHER FOR A COUPLE GAMES
TOOLS OF THE WEEK
• IAN KINSLER FIVE-TOOL PLAYER OF THE WEEK – SOMEONE FROM THE MOUND AND AT THE PLATE
• HONORABLE MENTION – SOMEONE FINALLY GIVES UP EARNED RUNS
• CHIEN-MING WANG TOOL OF THE WEEK – A WHITE SOCK [sic?] GETS RIPPED
• HONORABLE MENTION – SIR LANCE-A-NOT
• Thank yous
• Check out the Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• E-mail your fantasy questions to CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• Check out our website: Fantasy Cafe Radio
• The music for the show was provided by the PodShow Podsafe Music Network
• Click here to subscribe via iTunes
• Look forward to our next show, as we analyze and prognosticate even more goodness from the greatest sport in the world!
• Sign off
Michael Stephens is an avid fantasy sports enthusiast who writes for the Cafe. He hails from the Pacific Northwest and is a die-hard Seahawk and Mariner fan to the core! You can find Michael in the Cafe’s forums where he actively posts under the name of WaCougMBS.
Darren Shimp is an Oregon-bred sports fanatic, who somehow got started rooting for the San Francisco Giants in the late eighties and has never looked back. He looks forward to the day the Giants can score more than three runs on the road. He is still a newbie in the Cafe, and goes under the alias shimposter. He will always have something to say about the awesomeness of Will Clark.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!