Welcome to The Can of Corn, hosted by Michael Stephens and Darren Shimp! Mother Nature takes center stage as rainouts influence not only H2H leagues, but Cafe games to boot! Good pitchers, bad starts … does that mean they are still good pitchers? Four top-20 SPs are sniffing the sombrero in wins. The Jays are putting up the runs like someone with an affliction for Mexican food. The hosts will cover these, as well as a truckbed-full of other baseball topics today, as well as some crazy talk of decent trades being vetoed in the Cafe’s forums. Lend us an ear, grab your glove and head for the outfield – here comes The Can of Corn!
• Introduction of show and hosts (Darren and Michael)
• Published on Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Brought to you by Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Have fantasy/reality questions? Email us at CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• ZIMMERMANN GETS A W IN HIS FIRST START
• OAKLAND CLOSER BATTLE, OFFICIALLY A BATTLE NO MORE
• WORLD SERIES MVP GETS KNOCKED OUT OF A START … LITERALLY
• CLOSER UPDATES – RETURN OF CAREER LEADER? CHANGING OF GUARD IN CANADA?
• DODGER BATS HEATING UP AND SOME SURPRISE STEALS FROM AN UNLIKELY SOURCE
• GREAT STARTS, BUT NO RUN SUPPORT
• WEEKLY “VERLANDER SUCKS” UPDATE
• ELIJAH DUKES GETTING PUNISHED FOR BEING A GOOD SAMARITAN, WHAT A BASTARD
• CAFE TALK: BRAUN FOR HALLADAY IS REALLY NOT THAT BIG A STRETCH
• CALLING ALL BLISTERS FOR FORMER FISH!
• JUST HOW GOOD IS JOEL PINIERO? BETTER THAN VERLANDER
• WHAT WINLESS ACE WILL LOOK THE BEST BY JULY?
• FUN WITH THE NFL DRAFT’S SECOND-SEXIEST QB
BATTLE OF THE WITS
• THE PIRATES SCREW DARREN’S MARLINS PICK
• MICHAEL STILL SMOKIN’ MELTDOWN
• DARREN ROCKS THE LADDERS
• THE GUYS LIKE THE WHITE SOX AND D-BACKS THIS WEEK
TOOLS OF THE WEEK
• FIVE-TOOL PLAYER OF THE WEEK – A DANKS-GOOD WEEK
• HONORABLE MENTION – MAN RAM’S HIS WAY INTO THE CAN OF CORN!
• TOOL OF THE WEEK – A BROKEN WANG NEVER HEALS
• HONORABLE MENTION – HE HAD “RIB” ISSUES … COUGH, COUGH … OW!
• Thank yous
• Check out the Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Email your fantasy questions to CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• Check out our website: Fantasy Cafe Radio
• The music for the show was provided by the PodShow Podsafe Music Network
• Click here to subscribe via iTunes
• Look forward to our next show, as we analyze and prognosticate even more goodness from the greatest sport in the world!
• Sign off
Michael Stephens is an avid fantasy sports enthusiast who writes for the Cafe. He hails from the Pacific Northwest and is a die-hard Seahawk and Mariner fan to the core! You can find Michael in the Cafe’s forums where he actively posts under the name of WaCougMBS.
Darren Shimp is an Oregon-bred sports fanatic, who somehow got started rooting for the San Francisco Giants in the late eighties and has never looked back. He looks forward to the day the Giants can score more than three runs on the road. He is still a newbie in the Cafe, and goes under the alias shimposter. He will always have something to say about the awesomeness of Will Clark.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!