Welcome to The Can of Corn, hosted by Michael Stephens and Darren Shimp! With school out for the summer, this is our first week away from the cozy “professional-grade” studio on campus – please bear with us as we work to tweak the transition to the home studio (which is not really in Michael’s mom’s basement, but in cramped spare bedroom in his apartment). We have a great show with all new content for your listening pleasure this week, so grab your glove and head for the outfield, because here comes the Can of Corn!
• Introduction of show and hosts, Michael and Darren
• Published on Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Brought to you by Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Have fantasy/reality questions? Email us at CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• INJURY NEWS AND UPDATES
• HOT HITTERS AND PITCHERS
• WHAT IN THE WIDE WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS IS WRONG WITH SHAWN CHACON?
• 10 RUN INNINGS AND STREAKING TWINS
• BEST SP AVAILABLE?
• BRUCE FOR LONGORIA?
• RYAN DOUMIT IS A BEAST
• WHAT’S WRONG WITH B-WEBB?
• ROCKIES HITTING WOES
• OVERBLOWN SALARIES?
• MATCHUP MELTDOWN SHOUTOUT
• DAY VS. HOLLIDAY
• VOLQUEZ VS. WEBB
• LANCE BERKMAN VS. A HURRICANE NAMED DITKA
• 100 RBI BACKSTOPS?
BATTLE OF THE WITS
• DESCRIPTION OF GAME AND RULES ADDITIONS
• STANDINGS – WILL DARREN EVER WIN?
• MICHAEL AND DARREN PICK WINNERS FOR NEXT WEEK
TOOLS OF THE WEEK
• FIVE-TOOL PLAYER OF THE WEEK – A SOUTH-SIDER
• HONORABLE MENTIONS – A RAY AND TWO ROYALS
• TOOL OF THE WEEK – YOU KNOW WHO…
• HONORABLE MENTION – HOT STARTERS COOLING OFF?
• LOOKING FORWARD
• THANK YOUS
• Check out the Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Email your fantasy/reality questions to CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• Check out our website: Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Click here to subscribe via Itunes
• SIGN OFF
Michael Stephens is an avid fantasy sports enthusiast who writes for the Cafe. He hails from the Pacific Northwest and is a die-hard sports fan to the core! You can find Michael in the Cafe's forums where he actively posts under the name of WaCougMBS. Darren Shimp is an Oregon-bred sports fanatic, who somehow got started rooting for the San Francisco Giants in the late eighties and has never looked back. He is still a newbie in the Cafe, and goes under the alias shimposter. He will always have something to say about the awesomeness of Will Clark.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!