Welcome to The Can of Corn, hosted by Michael Stephens and Darren Shimp! The regular season is sprinting to the finish, but it didn’t come fast enough to keep one more Can of Corn from routinely floating its way to the warning track. The final episode of the 2008 version of the show looks forward to next year in a big way, and is crammed to the hilt with projections, recommendations and cautions for the 2009 fantasy baseball season. This is the last time you will hear from us on the baseball side of Fantasy Cafe Radio this season, so lend us an ear, grab your glove and head for the outfield – here comes The Can of Corn!
• Introduction of show and hosts (Darren and Michael)
• Published on Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Brought to you by Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Have fantasy/reality questions? Email us at CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• TWO QUICK INJURY NOTES
• TOP PLAYERS FOR 2009
• OVER-DRAFTED PLAYERS FOR 2009
• UNDER-DRAFTER PLAYERS FOR 2009
• TOP-10 CLOSERS UNDER THE AGE OF 30
• DIVISION BY DIVISION SLEEPERS FOR NEXT SEASON
• PLAYOFF OBSERVATIONS, ETC
• WHICH ESPN JOB WOULD YOU LIKE IF YOU COULD ONLY HAVE ONE?
• MOST ANNOYING COLOR COMMENTATOR?
• MOST HATED “EVIL EMPIRE”?
• BATTLE FOR LESS CRAPPY
• WHO TAKES THE WS CROWN IN 08?
BATTLE OF THE WITS
• THE WAS HAS JUST BEGUN!
• MICHAEL WINS SEASON SERIES 10-4-4
TOOLS OF THE YEAR
• FIVE-TOOL PLAYER OF THE YEAR – NOT THE WRONG STUFF, BUT THE _____ STUFF
• HONORABLE MENTION – AN OWL, A RAZORBACK AND A HUSKY, OH MY!
• TOOL OF THE YEAR – ANDR-UW SUCKS
• HONORABLE MENTION – A APTLY NAMED CATCHER, A RUBBER ARM AND A BIG-TIME FLOP
• Thank yous
• Check out the Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Email your fantasy/reality questions to CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• Check out our website: Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Click here to subscribe via iTunes
• Look forward to next week’s show – a FOOTBALL show that is!
• Sign off
Michael Stephens is an avid fantasy sports enthusiast who writes for the Cafe. He hails from the Pacific Northwest and is a die-hard Seahawk and Mariner fan to the core! You can find Michael in the Cafe’s forums where he actively posts under the name of WaCougMBS.
Darren Shimp is an Oregon-bred sports fanatic, who somehow got started rooting for the San Francisco Giants in the late eighties and has never looked back. He is still a newbie in the Cafe, and goes under the alias shimposter. He will always have something to say about the awesomeness of Will Clark.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!